Return Postage Costs (Faulty/Incorrect Item) eBay

Curlymike
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4121 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone - I hope somebody out there can help me!

I recently ordered a second hand Laptop screen from eBay (Business Seller) at a cost of £40.

It was received faulty so they asked be to return it – It cost me £10 in postage.

The shop said they would send me a compatible replacement. Unfortunately, the one received could not be fitted properly and it did not fit the description of the original item I ordered. This screen was returned at a further cost of £10

At this point the staff were very helpful and, although I had to wait a couple of weeks, they finally refunded me my original £40 payment.

I requested that in view of the full circumstances they should also refund me the total cost of return postage (£20) for the faulty/incorrect items.

The shop replied:

We do not cover return postage... see our site for T&C. How can we refund what we have have not received? You asked for a refund, you have a refund – Please be aware that the Sale of Goods differs as the items were second hand.

I response I said:

Second-hand should not mean second-rate Even if the item's second-hand or reduced, it doesn't mean you get second-rate consumer rights, except where the seller points out the specific problems before the item was bought. As you have sent faulty/wrong items then I’m entitled to 100% refund of cost and postage!

The shop said I’m talking rubbish and if I took it to Small Claims I would lose and I will be responsible for their legal fees.

My question is... are the shop right in what they are saying or are they just trying to scare or intimidate me?

I know it only £20 but that is a lot to me at the moment!

Kindest regards,

under DSR regs, if item is faulty or incorrect they must pay for return postage, terms cannot overide statute.

suugest you point that out, and report them to trading satandards/consumer direct.

Thanks... I'll do just that! :-)