Urgent default notice help please?

angel17
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4121 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone

I would be very grateful for some advice regarding a Default placed by Capital One.

Back in 2010, I started to complain to Capital 1 regarding charges and ppi added to my account.

At the same time, I had a direct debit in place- which was not taken for 2 months.

I don't recall receiving a default notice

- Capital One placed a default , stating I defaulted on 12th November 2010.

This was also the same month, that my direct debit was back running as normal with payment taken.

I was successful in having the charges/interest refunded, although they took to early 2011 to do so.

The mis-sold ppi was also in part of complaint

- so I rang Capital One executive team and explained this, this was refunded over the phone and I was advised the Default would be removed.

As I was signed up to Equifax, I noticed that the default was removed- but also the whole account from Cap1 too.

I assumed this would be the case with the other agencies.

1.5 years later I am applying for a mortgage. not had the need to get finance in the last year

so was upset to find that the broker who is sorting our mortgage found I still had a default on experian ( have also checked call credit- there too) with the ppi balance showing.

Capital One's response- if we took off Equifax- we would have done so to the other two. According to their records it still shows on Equifax.

I am very confused the default balance consisted purly of charges and ppi which were refunded.

Which to what I understand makes the default invalid- which is why they removed this from Equifax.

They have also placed the number 8 on my file since Dec 2010 to Dec 2012.

Really need Cap1 to sort this fast- can anyone help? (have the executive team's email address for correspondence).

Ok IF a default sum is made up Entirely of Charges without which the account would NOT have defaulted no default should be placed(ICO Tech Guidance on Defaults) you need to make a complaint to the Data Controller at Capone and copy the letter to the Data Controller at the credit reference agency both by recorded delivery.

BTW enclose screen print of cra entry and state you require redress because of bein declined for credit.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

No template for this, yes they have to record the ''8'' markers.

I can draftt some thing for you over the weekend.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

get reclaiming!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

are you saying that one CRA file is clean?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...