JSA SANCTION - Joint Claim

simonnami
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4121 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, hopefully someone on here will be able to help me please?

Me & my partner are joint claiments on income-based JSA (she is main claiment)

we have been given a 4 week sanction because she apparently didn't attend a work programme appointment,

she did go but her advisor changed the time till the afternoon to coincide with another appointment at the same place.

We had a letter a few weeks ago saying she had apparently missed it & to contact the JC with a reason

which she did & was asked for the name/contact details of her work programme advisor so it can be confirmed, so we thought it had been sorted... until today.

After speaking to the advisor it turns out the JC haven't even rang to confirm the appointment was attended & have sanctioned,

been told to appeal & to get the advisor to write a letter to confirm appointment was attended but the work programme aren't allowed to write letters

& after telling this to the JC they have said well it's not the JC staff's job to get it confirmed

so they won't ring you need a letter!

which i can't get cause there not allowed :|

They have also stopped 100% of our money:-x

Is this right surely both shouldn't be punished for the so called mistake of another,

i have always been led to believe that JSA is paid at a reduced rate if one member of a joit claim is sanctioned:???:

I understand the housing benefit being stopped due to change in circumstances

but i think i'm right in thinking that will be back-dated as have't got any other income.

Sorry for the long post but hopfully somone can please help us..:-)

Thankyou in advance

Of course work program can write a letter or send a fax to the DMA team, and I am sorry but as JCP have no dealings with the process between work program and DMA then they were correct in stating tey don't get involved.

Request a reconsideration and complete form JSA10JP for a hardship application

Thanks for the reply will get the jsa10jp form first thing monday wasn't told about that when i asked about help while on the sanction. They were fairly adament & i asked a number of staff but will try & ask them at the work programme again. We were told when we were asked to ring/write in with the reason that they would ring to get it confirmed then pass it on to the desicion maker. Just don't see how it can be resolved if the work programme say they can't write a letter & the JCP or desicion maker won't ring to get it confirmed, just told to appeal but it's my job to get the evidence :-(

No problem, ps hardship is not offered unless someone liuterally asks "what am I supposed to do?/supposed to live on?" etc it is a reduced payment of the normal amount of JSA that is paid and may not be paid for the first 14 days of te sanction, you also need to enquire if the entire personal allowance is reduced or is part of it still payable as you hav'r been sanctioned yourself.

also make a complain about the providers due to refusing to provide you with the necessary information needed to support your reconsideration request. you can probably see if bullpoofighter can confirm that proof is available on request or not, they used to work for work program.

Thanks my partner has just said we have a face 2 face interview on monday for hardship, when i asked on the phone this morning i was told our full entitlement has been stopped but might ring & have it double checked cause other info i have read seems to say we should still get a reduced amount of JSA.

Just found on DWP website "chapter 35 Hardship" of the jsa rules (can't post link sorry)? it does say if only 1 member of a joint claim is sanctioned then a reduced amount of JSA is payable,

so hopefully may have just enough to get by which would be a big weight off my mind

the problem is that I don't actually deal with payments or hardship except a very general knowledge, and the one problem is that any income will be knocked off any hardship allowance so any JSA that you continue to receive will also be taken into account for hardship purposes.

sorry I can't really help much more

the problem is that I don't actually deal with payments or hardship except a very general knowledge, and the one problem is that any income will be knocked off

any hardship allowance so any JSA that you continue to receive will also be taken into account for hardship purposes

sorry I can't really help much more

Thanks we were under the thinking all jsa would be stopped (may be case) if we do still get the amount for 1 claiment then won't be half as bad as what we thought & won't need to apply for hardship as would be unlikel to be eligable.

Thanks for all the help will update monday when we know more