style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4094 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I am new to this forum.

My situation is this:

I owe £625 to London North West and North Courts for a fine (motoring related).

Recently I have received a Notice of Distress Warrant from Collectica.

I am intending not to let them in and I want to pay the amount directly to the courts as Collectica wants £925 from me.

I own a vehicle worth over £3,000 and

my question is this:

Can Collectica seize my vehicle which is parked in my driveway?

£3,000 to pay off £925? which is excessive if you ask me.

I mean £300 on top of my fine.

Could you please kindly reply.

Thank you.

yes they can

and they can force entry too

how old is this

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If it was a conviction and vour court fine is seen as a criminal offence, you will likely have received all notification of when and how to pay and haven't, so a warrant of execution to collect the fine has been made and under that warrant the bailiff can apply for a further warrant to force entry and remove goods to satisfy the debt to the Court.

Unless irregularities to the service of documents by the Court can be identified then you have no grounds to withhold payment to what is technically the Courts appointed collector of fines.

WD

Edited by wonkeydonkey

warrant of distress will have been issued

forced entry can be used as it a warrant, a motoring offence is known as a de-criminilised offence, meaning you have broke the law, but you dont get a criminal record for this

Forced entry is very rarely used tho, but the car can be levied upon if this is the only asset available to the bailiff REGARDLESS of car value,

excessive distress cannot be applied if the occupier has denied access to other assests.

in other words as long as the car is not on finance it can be siezed, it does not matter were the car is.

if its seized, you will still have use of the car, but the cars ownership instantly belongs to the crown, you cannot hide it, sell it or damage it, if you do you could be arrested on futher charges

the easiest thing to do is to come to an arrangement to repay the fine

the charges set out are

£85 admin charge

£215 charge to fully enforce the warrant if someone comes out to you

these charges are set by the magistrates courts, not collectica

the repayment arrangement will depend on a couple of things

how old the warrant is

how much of a downpayment you make, if any

the warrant has a life of 6 months, so the entire amount needs to be repayed from the date of warrant issue to end date

if you dont pay, or only pay part of it, the warrant, after 6 months will be returned to court as UN-ENFORCED and then you run the risk of a warrant of commital being issued for you

so its best to deal with them on the phone, before someone visits you

But what if I was to make a payment directly to courts using online payments on their website? I have all the info I need to make this happen. I wasn't aware of this fine until now, when I was on benefits they were making deducions for years and I thought it was paid off and no correspondence got to me because I moved couple of times. What do you guys think?

they have to accept payments but the total fine will still stand, when you pay the courts direct, the courts inform collectica that they have had a payment and reduce the total amout your ( collectica) are enforcing by the amount you have paid