Desperate for mini credit help please!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4073 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I am aware there are others threads and there are a wealth of information contained in them, having just read through, but I am after a bit more help if possible and what steps to take next.

I too have made the mistake of using mincredit and defaulting - here is a summery of my original loan, date applied and when it was owed and how much I currently owe today (less than 2 months after defaulting)

Order date Amount applied Current balance Due date balance Due date Status

2012-10-24 £100.00 £714.00 2012-11-19 debt collection

I have emailed them 3 times using the automated email link on their site and received no response, they have called several times and left voicemails.

How do I proceed from here? What would you suggest should I do first and then from then on?

This is causing me many a sleepless night, I am astounded that 100 (of which I only got 80!) has turned into 714 in 6/7 weeks!

Please help!

• 1 month later...

first of all dont panic they cant touch you with regards to sending bailiffs through your door, its a low priority personal debt and the courts will recognise this

i currently have the same problem but my debt stands at £1062 and 3 companies already have tryied to get this amount from me.

i kindly said to them on the telephone .. please provide me with a breakdown of the debt including charges that have been applied until i have this information no arrangements will be made.

thats why they keep changing debt recovery companies because they cant justify the charges. just relax and repeat the same message to all the companies that are trying to "recover "the debt. each one will leave you alone in time,

in the mean time contact and file a complaint with the trading standards authorities and the finicial ombudsman

i have done both and ive recieved emails to say they are investigating minicredit and their "henchmen"

Actually its better if you form a full complaint to the OFT and let them know of everything that has happened, including all communication, and their refusal to respond, instead, they choose to push up the debt with unlawful charges and say you are ignoring them.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D