photography studio wont refund underage cancelled photoshoot *NOW RESOLVED*

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4097 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My daughter was phoned by a photography studio and was told she was recommeded for a photo shoot.

They wanted her card details for a "booking fee" she didnt have her details on her so they phoned back and took £20 from her account.

My daugher is under 18 and didnt have parental permission to make this appointment.

The studio knew she was under 18.

I called to cancel the appointment, giving 47 days notice and asked the deposit be refunded.

They said if I had paid on my card the money could be refunded but because it was on my daughters it couldnt be refunded!

( Which doesnt make any sense to me).

Can any of you wonderful people point me in the right direction to get my daughters money back?

These monsters pray on the young giving them false hope, if they attend you sometimes find that there are more charges and the result is NIL in 99.9999999% cases, been reported over the years as I seem to remember, even my daughter when she was younger was going to go ahead and she was only 13 years old.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Yes do a visa debit charge back from the card issuer, then lodge a formal complaint to trading standards about this company? Who is it?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Just so it is a warning to others.

I have given you incorrect advice, did they take this from her bank account using her bank details? Or did they take it using card details?

Seems they are quite prolific, definitely get onto trading standards and have this reported.

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/fusion-studios-england-greater-manchester-c300239.html

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

we've had this several times on here

do a chargeback

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

let us know when you get it

and i'll mark the thread resolved

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Did you contact trading standards as advised? They can force them to send the money.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

If the bank won't refund, vote with your feet, and close the account, and open one with another banking group,.

• 2 weeks later...