little teacup

photography studio wont refund underage cancelled photoshoot *NOW RESOLVED*

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2450 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

My daughter was phoned by a photography studio and was told she was recommeded for a photo shoot.

They wanted her card details for a "booking fee" she didnt have her details on her so they phoned back and took £20 from her account.

My daugher is under 18 and didnt have parental permission to make this appointment.

The studio knew she was under 18.

I called to cancel the appointment, giving 47 days notice and asked the deposit be refunded.

They said if I had paid on my card the money could be refunded but because it was on my daughters it couldnt be refunded!

( Which doesnt make any sense to me).

Can any of you wonderful people point me in the right direction to get my daughters money back?

Get on to card issuing bank and get charge back

sounds like a con

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

These monsters pray on the young giving them false hope, if they attend you sometimes find that there are more charges and the result is NIL in 99.9999999% cases, been reported over the years as I seem to remember, even my daughter when she was younger was going to go ahead and she was only 13 years old.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Yes do a visa debit charge back from the card issuer, then lodge a formal complaint to trading standards about this company? Who is it?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Just so it is a warning to others.

I have given you incorrect advice, did they take this from her bank account using her bank details? Or did they take it using card details?

Seems they are quite prolific, definitely get onto trading standards and have this reported.

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/fusion-studios-england-greater-manchester-c300239.html

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

we've had this several times on here

do a chargeback

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Card details. I am on the phone to the bank now and they are opening a Visa dispute which could take up to 30 days. The bank was very helpful.

They MUST refund the money into the account TODAY, not in 30 days.

let us know when you get it

and i'll mark the thread resolved

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Just a small update. The refund has not yet come through. And the Visa dispute has said they cannot do anything as my daughter freely gave her details.

LT

Did you contact trading standards as advised? They can force them to send the money.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

If the bank won't refund, vote with your feet, and close the account, and open one with another banking group,.

Sent another email to the studio, the only woman who can authorize refunds has been off. She said she will do it today and apologised for the delay.

LT:|

Good news, lets hope they keep to their word!

Excellent well done, common sense prevails again...