help with job seekers diary

creative89
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4121 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

after 33 years of employment i now find myself out of work when the place i worked for got rid of 35 of us, In my trade (printing) there is about 0% chance of getting another job at my age (51). This is made worse by the fact i also suffered a heart attack last august

Anyway went to job centre and signed on and i have to do 21 activities a week while my mate who worked with me only has to do 8, anyone know why the difference?

As to job seekers diary am i right on thinking that if i look at 1 job site that counts as 1 activity so if i look at 2 different sites a day that will be 14 activities a week

Hi

after 33 years of employment i now find myself out of work when the place i worked for got rid of 35 of us, In my trade (printing) there is about 0% chance of getting another job at my age (51). This is made worse by the fact i also suffered a heart attack last august

Anyway went to job centre and signed on and i have to do 21 activities a week while my mate who worked with me only has to do 8, anyone know why the difference?

As to job seekers diary am i right on thinking that if i look at 1 job site that counts as 1 activity so if i look at 2 different sites a day that will be 14 activities a week

What exactly are these activities?

On your jobseekers agreement in the 'what I will do to identify and apply for jobs' section (page 3) it should say what the activities are ie: write to 10 employers per week / visit 5 employers per week / search direct.gov 7 times per week (thats mine...lol) and at the bottom of same page any other activities - apply for 3 jobs per week in my case.

The difference will be solely due to the 'advisor' you've seen and their mood on the day i.m.h.o. Some are great, understanding and actually helpful, others , well, lets not go there :wink:

• Haha 1

should have read the mountain of paper work

says on mine

check universal jobseach site x 7

check indeed website x 7

check my universal jobsearch account x 7

nothing else so pretty easy, i'm waiting for meeting with disability advisor at end of jan as i am unsure of what work i am able to now as GP has advised heavy lifting is out

21 steps a week seems a bit punishing to me. I am only requested 3 steps a week. Am I lucky? By the way it's easy to make 21 steps a week, that is 7 a day.

Day 1: 1) Looked on the Universal Job Match website (no suitable jobs)

2) Looked on Totaljobs website (no suitable jobs)

3) Looked on Monster website (no suitable jobs)

4) Looked on Monster website (no suitable jobs)

5) Looked on Jobsite website (no suitable jobs)

6) Visited agency xxxxxxx; asked my age, laughed at my face

7) Visited agency yyyyyyy; asked my age, laughed at my face

Day 2 to 7; same as day 1.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

Hi

Well, not sure why your activity targets are higher ... I currently have to undertake 6 jobseeking activities a week, although I'm actually doing everything I can but just don't have the energy left to complete the form completely each week.

I'm 59 .... perhaps they should just put me out to pasture so that I can crochet all day! :wink: (Before anyone starts, that is a joke - of course!!!!!) Can't wait to get back to work.

Keep smiling.

Impecunious! :wink:

Each job seekers agreement is based on the individual and their skills abilities etc, so if you have an email address and internet access it is not unusual to automatically be asked to check emails daily, and check gov.uk daily, then to look at the local paper on the jobs supplement page however often that is printed/updated online (usually once a week), and then to ask friends and family, and contact recruitment agencies 3 times a week, by my reckoning that is a total of 19 steps a week.

This is subject to change as someone may not access to internet and would need to access at alternative places (job clubs, colleges, libraries etc) so they would obviously only be able to attend when the building is open to the public and then to visit the jcp daily to check jobpoints so thats 5 activities.....

I had my first WFI yesterday and my advisor changed my jobseekers agreement from 3 a week to 8 plus been given other stuff to do on top of that, I've only been claiming since 20th december, also have to do a 2 week programme starting monday.

21 a week seems a bit steep to me and like others have said it must depend on whether you have access to the internet etc