style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2473 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

My wife and I booked a holiday on the web with Thomson just this week. The total cost was around £1800 but we took the option to pay a 'low deposit' of £150. It states the remainder of the deposit needs paying by start of March and the total by the end of March.

Now the problem is, I'm an idiot (apparently) and made a mistake with my annual leave dates so we need to cancel. I can't just transfer it to another date with them because I no longer hav the time to take.

I was prepared to take a hit on the £150 deposit we have shelved out but having read the small print more carefully, there is one line referring to their 'low deposit' which says in the event of a cancellation you will be required to pay the remaining part of the full deposit, ie £200.

Can anyone advise on this. Yes I know I ticked I'd read the t&cs so technically that is the contract but it seems a bit much for a simple mistake.

What would happen if I just didn't pay it? I'm told they cannot just take it from my card and so would they have to take me to court. Would that be small claims court and are they likely to do that.

If they did, could I not argue that the relevant line in the T&Cs was so tucked away and not highlighted when I took that option? Or can I argue that their actual loss is well below the £150 they already have (it was all Thompson, no third parties)

I'm not one for skipping on my responsibilities and I understand this is my mistake but I was surprised there is no cooling off period on holidays like there is on everything else and it seems a bit unfair (especially to idiots like me.....apparently!)

I will give them a call to see what they say but from what I've heard they will probably just say pay up and so I'd rather go in knowing where I stand.

Thanks

PP

Hello and welcome to CAG.

I'll move your thread to the holidays forum here and hope the guys will be able to help you. I'll leave a short term redirect here.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

You have agreed to the terms of the contract and you will need to pay the remainder of the deposit or Thomson will take you to court for failure to pay.