Shoesmiths Claim Form For Natwest loan, 7 days to reply !

dck321
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3733 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

My partner has been making regular payments of £80 to shoosmiths regarding a loan from NATWEST that was taken out in 2008 For £12k

the loan was taken out for my business which consequently closed a year later

up until then was paying the correct amount of approx £300PCM.

I subsequently declared bankruptcy

since then we have been paying on a payment plan

we have not missed a payment

last payment came out as normal on 18th December,

shortly following or on the same day or next day she recieved a claim form from Northampton county court,

after Xmas I acknowledged receipt of the claim and stated that I intended to defend all of this claim.

I also rang shoosmiths this week

they have stated that as she did not fill in the income and expenditure form that was sent ( never recieved) in november they have taken the matter further

I insisted no form was ever recieved!

Shoosmiths have also stated that if we wanted this action to stop then monthly payments of £195 over the next 5 years is the minimum payment plan they will now accept

and if cannot pay this then fill in the claim form.

She also stated that I had to send the claim form back to them and not the court so they could review it and take it from there

but surely I need to also reply to the court or I will have gone over my time limit to respond??

She said she will grant me an extra 7days on top of the due date (which is the 17th jan) to respond,taking it to the 24th jan is this possible???

I have repeatedly asked for original documentation, etc but have had no response?

Also I know there are a lot of charges on this Natwest loan account as well as her Natwest credit card?

Can I now do a CPR request.

The particulars of claim state:

" the defendant(D) held the accounts as listed below with the claimant ©

(D) failed to pay the sums due to c when demanded and the sums listed below remain outstanding

Account number xxxxxxxxx debt balance 11395.50

C has complied, as far as necessary, with the pre-action conduct practice direction.

Number"

A weird end as there is no number stated at end of particulars ?

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Edited by citizenB

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Damien,

Why was the loan not included in the bankruptcy ?

Can you let us have some more information..

What is the date of issue of the claim - top right hand corner of the form.

If you are going to defend then you must not send the form back to Shoosmiths and they were wrong to suggest this.

You have a strict timetable to adhere to.

Date of issue + 5 for service + 14 to acknowledge claim + 14 extra days if you are going to defend.

We also need to know exactly what it says on the claim form.. their reason for issuing the claim ? - You have supplied this information in the first post

If you are able to scan the document and post it up for us to see that would be good. Please remove any personal information first.

Follow the instructions below in order to post it on the forum.

Dx100 – Instructions on uploading pdfs

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets

as a picture file

remove all pers info inc barcodes etc using paint

but leave all figures and dates.

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites

convert the image to pdf format.

or ir you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

NB:you can set where it goes in the post by hitting insert inline.

then hit reply button

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Having claimed that they have followed preaction protocol in their claim,

can you also let us know the following.

You were in a repayment plan, did they send a default notice - if the did then we need to see a copy if possible, if you cant scan it in then we will need to know.

Date of the Default Notice

What were the saying you needed to do to remedy the breach

What date did they give you to remedy the breach.

Did they send any Formal Demand letter or Letter before Action.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

If you let us know the exact date on the Claim form we can confirm the due date for your defence.

Have you acknowledged the claim online ?

If they are agreeing to extra time, then they need to tell you in writing because it is your responsibility to advise the court of any new filing date.

They should be agreeing to extra time under CPR15.5.

If you could answer the questions above, then we can advise your next move.

BCOBS

Damien,

Why was the loan not included in the bankruptcy ?

Can you let us have some more information..

What is the date of issue of the claim - top right hand corner of the form.

If you are going to defend then you must not send the form back to Shoosmiths and they were wrong to suggest this.

You have a strict timetable to adhere to.

Date of issue + 5 for service + 14 to acknowledge claim + 14 extra days if you are going to defend.

We also need to know exactly what it says on the claim form.. their reason for issuing the claim ? - You have supplied this information in the first post

If you are able to scan the document and post it up for us to see that would be good. Please remove any personal information first.

Follow the instructions below in order to post it on the forum.

Hi citizenB

Thanks for the speedy response

The date of issue is the 13 December 2012 and yes I responded online

The loan was not included in my bankruptcy as it was my partner that took out the loan not me.

Shoosmiths said the reason that a claim was filed with the court was because an income and expenditure form was not filled in!

Have scanned the court documents and the letter from shoosmiths recieved on the 17 dec 2012 and the confirmation letter of acceptance from shoosmiths of £80 p,month from jan 2012 the documents are in jpg is that ok or need to be PDF

Thanks

follow guide post 2

pdf please

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

i hope your username is not your real name?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The date of issue is the 13 December 2012 and yes I responded online

I make it Monday the 14th to submit your defence.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Click on my avatar and it will take you to a list of options - send me a private message with the user name you want to change to.

BCOBS

Hi do you mean edit avatar.

Hi, no your user name.. avatar is the photo/image to the left under your user name.

eg.. my user name is citizenB - my avatar is a disco kitty.

All your documents have now been edited and replaced.

The last 2 that you posted up are Notice of Statement of Arrears - they are obliged to send this to you under new legislation around 2008.

A Default Notice would be a notice issued under s87(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 - It would start off by advising that you are in arrears that they expect you to repay those arrears within a certain time, which must be no less that clear 14 days, allowing some time for postage.

That if you dont remedy this.. ie pay them the arrears then they will report to credit reference agencies, or take court action.

Did you receive something like that ?

BCOBS

Ok, from what I can see - In January 2012 they agreed to accept £80.00 per month for 6 months, starting on 15th February 2012 which would take you up to August 2012. At which time, although they dont say, they would require a review.

What happened from August ? Did they write to you asking for a review ? Or were you expected to contact them and advise your circumstances - they dont say.

You maintained the payments - so I am not sure why they have now taken this action against you.

Have you any other paperwork from say August saying the arrangement has ceased and they wanted a new I&E sheet or around October which appears to be the last payment made ?

BCOBS

No we did not receive anything but they said they sent in September and November but definately received nothing until the December the 17 th letter!!

It would be daft to ignore the letters when all that is needed is to fill in the form and send back! She had already done an I and e sheet previously for them to get this payment at £80

Payments have still also been made for November and December, What was sent in the PDF was the yearly statement direct from natwest bank not her actual bank statement

Thank you

No we did not receive anything but they said they sent in September and November but definately received nothing until the December the 17 th letter!!

It would be daft to ignore the letters when all that is needed is to fill in the form and send back! She had already done an I and e sheet previously for them to get this payment at £80

Payments have still also been made for November and December, What was sent in the PDF was the yearly statement direct from natwest bank not her actual bank statement

Thank you

If it is your intention to defend this, then that would form part of your defence. I will flag your thread for someone to pop in and advise further as to what kind of defence you would need to submit by Monday. You can do this online so you have until midnight, Monday 14th.

BCOBS

Another question I meant to ask, was there any Payment Protection Insurance applied to the account ?

BCOBS

Another question I meant to ask, was there any Payment Protection Insurance applied to the account ?

Hi

She does not know whether she had payment protection insurance is there a way to find this out?

And also the log in details for the online have been misplaced over Xmas so will have to hand deliver but it is only 5 mins from our house

Thank you again

Does she have a copy of the original application ? If so, it should be on there. Or can you have a look at statements prior to when you entered the repayment plan because it might be shown on there.

BCOBS

Hi, no your user name.. avatar is the photo/image to the left under your user name.

eg.. my user name is citizenB - my avatar is a disco kitty.

All your documents have now been edited and replaced.

The last 2 that you posted up are Notice of Statement of Arrears - they are obliged to send this to you under new legislation around 2008.

A Default Notice would be a notice issued under s87(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 - It would start off by advising that you are in arrears that they expect you to repay those arrears within a certain time, which must be no less that clear 14 days, allowing some time for postage.

That if you dont remedy this.. ie pay them the arrears then they will report to credit reference agencies, or take court action.

Did you receive something like that ?

Hi in response to your question regarding the default notice, if it is something that would have been received within the last 6- 12 months then definitely not!

As far as I am aware the only basis on which this has gone to court is because the I&e form was not filled in which meant shoosmiths could not update there records

that is what I was told on Thursday over the phone by the employee at shoosmiths who is handling this account, when I queried that i didnt undertand why my partner had recieved a claim form from the court even though she had not missed any repayments.

P.s. I was given authority to talk to them regarding my partners case for 24hrs

Thanks

A default notice is usually issued after 3 missed payments - sometimes companies issue one when arrears start building up when a payment plan is agreed.

BCOBS

The only time when arrears were building up was when my business closed in 2009 so she may of had one then but we cannot remember.

What direction do you think i should go in as regards to the claim form. I know it's hard as we do not have all the required info especially as they would not forward any contracts etc