Is it just wait and see? Or can I do something?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4120 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a number of credit card debts, a few years old now, all of which resulted in defaults. I've since moved house a few times, and have notified the (up-to-date) assigned creditors of my new address to try to ensure I get any and all mail involved.

Some have provided me with signed CCAs, others have not and occasionally send an offer for 50% off.

Some of my darkest evenings were spent reading these forums a few years ago, and I learned a lot. I'm now in a much better position, but wondering what I should be doing to resolve these debts, if anything. My thinking has been that I should just wait for them to act, or wait for six years to elapse.

It'll be a couple more years before all my defaults drop off my credit file. I'm building good credit histories with my bank and a credit card, which has a colossal interest rate, but which I pay religiously in full each month.

Is there anything else I can/should be doing?

How likely is it that they'll file court claims as the six year term comes closer to an end? And what can I do to prepare now?

What would prevent the debts from becoming statue barred? I haven't made any payments for a couple of years. Does contacting the creditor prevent statue barred status?

Appreciate your help!

as long as you have not signed a letter saying this debt is mine you are ok.

the debts that are getting discounts means there is reclaiming to do

you need to SAR the OC's involved

can you list your debts and own now owns them please

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for the reply dx. The claimed figures are (approximately):

Cabot Financial (Europe) Ltd

(OC Citicard)

£500 remaining, payments made here a couple of years ago

MKDP LLP

(OC Barclaycard)

£4,500

Hillesden Securities

(OC MBNA)

£4,000

HBOS

(Amazon Card)

£1,250

Tesco Personal Finance

(Tesco Card)

£1,900

Lowell Portfolio I Ltd

(OC Marbles card then Aviemore Funding Ltd)

£3,700

I attempted to reach a settlement figure with one or two of these over the past year or two to see where I got but my offers were not accepted (they were low - 25-30% if I remember) and I didn't put much effort into follow-up.

Hillesden sent standard form letters offering 50%, then 25%. They're the only one I'm certain have no CCA at all. Only three have provided anything with a signature however (Lowell/Marbles, Tesco, HBOS/Amazon).

1st Credit (acting on behalf of Aviemore/Marbles before that one was sold to Lowell) indicated that Aviemore would have accepted 75% in two instalments.

Is the goal with the SARs to flush out a CCA, or to claim back fees to reduce the claimed balances, or both? All the fees will be £12, as I didn't get into trouble until after the charges all dropped to that level.