style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2309 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

H i Orangesmarties.

As someone who is seeking help on this site about my debts I hope you don't mind if I pass a couple of comments. First I am not trying to get out of my debts, I require advice and guidance as to how to deal with what seems to be strong arm and intimidating tactics by DCA's. I imagine that in any type of business that there are both good and bad examples and this includes bailiffs and HCEO's. In my opinion people in your situation have every right to use these people to reclaim what is owed to you. This does not give these people the right to act outside the law. In the programmes that I have seen most of the debtors got what they deserved but not all of them. I didn't like the way that one of todays debtors got out of paying what he owed by liquidating his ltd company and then started an identical company but that's the law. Good luck in reclaiming your debts. Please don't think that we are criminals just because we seek help from people who understand all the mumbo jumbo written in all these legal forms that we have signed over the years. If i understood it I wouldn't be doing what I do now to earn a type of living!

I agree why people don't like any underhand tactics but there are plenty of reasons to like the HCEOs too - maybe it depends upon which side of the fence you're on.

Anyway, I'm off now to pursue my research.

H i Orangesmarties.

As someone who is seeking help on this site about my debts I hope you don't mind if I pass a couple of comments. First I am not trying to get out of my debts, I require advice and guidance as to how to deal with what seems to be strong arm and intimidating tactics by DCA's. I imagine that in any type of business that there are both good and bad examples and this includes bailiffs and HCEO's. In my opinion people in your situation have every right to use these people to reclaim what is owed to you. This does not give these people the right to act outside the law. In the programmes that I have seen most of the debtors got what they deserved but not all of them. I didn't like the way that one of todays debtors got out of paying what he owed by liquidating his ltd company and then started an identical company but that's the law. Good luck in reclaiming your debts. Please don't think that we are criminals just because we seek help from people who understand all the mumbo jumbo written in all these legal forms that we have signed over the years. If i understood it I wouldn't be doing what I do now to earn a type of living!

urh..please dont use DCA's and bailiffs in the same sentence [well giant block of text]

there is NO RELATIONSHIP...DCA HAVE NO SUCH POWERS AS A BAILIFF EVER!!

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

I agree why people don't like any underhand tactics but there are plenty of reasons to like the HCEOs too - maybe it depends upon which side of the fence you're on.

Anyway, I'm off now to pursue my research.

You have made your point quite clear here, [in red]. Now to be fair, this is why we run a bailiff forum, not for the 'good guys' who may do a good job, but for those who do not.

We have, in fact advised those who are seeking bailiff intervention and what to expect.

This forum has not been set up to hate bailiffs, but to help those who have been bullied, threatened, lied too and cheated out of money that is not owed.

Why dont you come sit on our side of the fence for a few hours and read what people have had to put up with.

Good luck with your research.

The police attend to stop a breach of the peace and the BBC are there to report only. The BBC with

this program have got it wrong. They are supposed to be impartial ,who persuaded who to waste the

publics money on this program ? Why not get the HCEOs to dress up as Batman and Robin and

film them roaring up in a souped up van and bursting through the doors !

" What do you mean you cannot afford our outrageous fees !" BIFF BAFF !

" I warned you once Joker that wiil cost you another £180 " thwack zonk !

" Curses Batman my biros run out, " Charge them £50 for a new one ! "

The police attend to stop a breach of the peace and the BBC are there to report only. The BBC with

this program have got it wrong. They are supposed to be impartial ,who persuaded who to waste the

publics money on this program ? Why not get the HCEOs to dress up as Batman and Robin and

film them roaring up in a souped up van and bursting through the doors !

" What do you mean you cannot afford our outrageous fees !" BIFF BAFF !

" I warned you once Joker that wiil cost you another £180 " thwack zonk !

" Curses Batman my biros run out, " Charge them £50 for a new one ! "

:lol: I shouldnt be laughing this time of the morning, not until I am on at least my 4th cup of coffee

I have found an image of what Bailiff's would look like in their Batman outfit!

batman-robin_zps3ac53325.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is that a can of pepper spray in Batmans ' hand to use on any one who dares to question the fees or ask for id ! ha ha

It's silyl string. Perfectly apt for some of the bailiffs lately :)

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Amazed the Bailiff's never visited Del Boy and Rodders actually!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

One of the sheriffs marc newton was on jbws cars cops and bailiffs. Now he pops up working for sherforce on tv. There is something a miss ?

I hate bailiffs. Let me know if you have had a problem with them. I am sure i could upset them.

I now have experience with Securitas Security Services (UK) Limited and won in court against them 01/2018

One of the sheriffs marc newton was on jbws cars cops and bailiffs. Now he pops up working for sherforce on tv. There is something a miss ?

He fancies himself as a jobbing actor?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I'll repeat what I keep repeating. There is no such thing as a Sheriff. HCEO's are appointed by the High Court, the people you see on this program are not sheriffs or HCEO's but are merely lay people appointed as representatives by the HCEO. A representative may be a bouncer, private detective, removal man, "security consultant", carpenter or whatever, they do not need to be certified or qualified in any way.

I'll repeat what I keep repeating. There is no such thing as a Sheriff. HCEO's are appointed by the High Court, the people you see on this program are not sheriffs or HCEO's but are merely lay people appointed as representatives by the HCEO. A representative may be a bouncer, private detective, removal man, "security consultant", carpenter or whatever, they do not need to be certified or qualified in any way.

I bet that's the real reason they want the right to charge extortionate fees! So the actual HCEO can sit at his desk getting fat, whilst his lackies go out doing the actual work.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I bet that's the real reason they want the right to charge extortionate fees! So the actual HCEO can sit at his desk getting fat, whilst his lackies go out doing the actual work.

You've got it!

It's probably the reason why there are a lot of problems too. The representatives can take a few liberties and the HCEO can use the distance from the situation to muddy the issues.

I've entered this thread somewhat late. (Always late to the party).

I want to introduce a new word into the proceedings

YEAHBUT (Usually used by errant teens to their parents)

Yeah But I agree with you all but ...

Baliffs and HCEO's. Two seperate and distinct animals in law.

I'm old enough to remember my father at the receiving end of county court judgements and actually being put into prison for debt. Those bad days are over now but people still suffer a lot.

In my job as a country parson I have to act as advocate for a lot of people including some who are homeless.

As in any profession, there are good ones and bad ones. In relation to HCEO's though the BBC Series is constructed to create "Good Telly"

The series focuses on a firm called "The Sheriffs Office" which is a trading name of "Sheriffs High Court Enforcement Ltd" in Croydon.

The actual name of the Registered HCEO is a man named "Peter Watt". All the other heavies seen in film, are agents of, or acting on behalf of Peter Watt, who acts on behalf of the High Court and Claimant.

One think to remember is that in this case, Peter Watt, is responsible in law for the actions of his agents etc.

Some other firms of HCEO's have more than one registered HCEO.

As someone else said, it depends on which side you are looking.

In my particular case, I have been suing Santander.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?373594-Bounced-Cheque-Cause-for-Action-for-Damages

I've now received a Judgment against them and having considered all my options, I'm sending in the HCEO's unless of course Santander get a 'setaside' or 'stay'.

I thought about using the heavies but I decided to send in a little lady who is herself an HCEO and talk to the local branch 'nicely' but with insrruction if she doesnt get the money in cash or card (no cheques please) then the lads outside are going to start taking computers.

This is turning their weapons against themselves.

I have no qualms.

Am I being Mr Nasty against Santander?

You could be if you got your boss upstairs involved!!!!!!:lol:

I've entered this thread somewhat late. (Always late to the party).

I want to introduce a new word into the proceedings

YEAHBUT (Usually used by errant teens to their parents)

Yeah But I agree with you all but ...

Baliffs and HCEO's. Two seperate and distinct animals in law.

I'm old enough to remember my father at the receiving end of county court judgements and actually being put into prison for debt. Those bad days are over now but people still suffer a lot.

In my job as a country parson I have to act as advocate for a lot of people including some who are homeless.

As in any profession, there are good ones and bad ones. In relation to HCEO's though the BBC Series is constructed to create "Good Telly"

The series focuses on a firm called "The Sheriffs Office" which is a trading name of "Sheriffs High Court Enforcement Ltd" in Croydon.

The actual name of the Registered HCEO is a man named "Peter Watt". All the other heavies seen in film, are agents of, or acting on behalf of Peter Watt, who acts on behalf of the High Court and Claimant.

One think to remember is that in this case, Peter Watt, is responsible in law for the actions of his agents etc.

Some other firms of HCEO's have more than one registered HCEO.

As someone else said, it depends on which side you are looking.

In my particular case, I have been suing Santander.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?373594-Bounced-Cheque-Cause-for-Action-for-Damages

I've now received a Judgment against them and having considered all my options, I'm sending in the HCEO's unless of course Santander get a 'setaside' or 'stay'.

I thought about using the heavies but I decided to send in a little lady who is herself an HCEO and talk to the local branch 'nicely' but with insrruction if she doesnt get the money in cash or card (no cheques please) then the lads outside are going to start taking computers.

This is turning their weapons against themselves.

I have no qualms.

Am I being Mr Nasty against Santander?

Not at all, these are weapons they are happy to use, they cannot complain at them being turned back on them.

Why would you want your HCEO to faff around with Computers that will be worth peanuts? If she is going to walk into a bank and thus claim Levy on everything, she would be far better off levying on the tills full of cash!!! :wink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Letsmakeamark.

I watched the programme twice and was sure that one of the HECO's was familiar. Now I know....he is Marc Newton. Thank you for reminding me....

I doubt whether they will be taking computers, unless they take out each hard drive first, Far too much personal data and I hope you will speak to your little lady about that first. You need to remember, If they do anything wrong, you could find yourself wrapped up in it also.

Creditors, (you) have a responsibility to make sure that who they hire know what can and cannot be taken and know how things should be executed.

Ignorance is not an excuse.

Don't know about the sherrffs, but Marstons may have a little problem over the naming and shaming of a bailiff on another forum, and her posting and boasting on Facebook and Twitter about her harassment of debtors.

Wonder if the BBC will dare to show the Sheriffs tackling a vulnerable situation, say a Southern Water or utility issue against a family on benefits who cannot afford to pay the bill let alone the charges now added?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Are HCEO's allowed to perform a "Global Levy" on a car?

Episode 3 is on Iplayer at the moment. They have levied a car in the drive, fair enough, but he specifically said something along the lines of "We have levied the car, and all the goods inside it" as he hasn't had access into the car, its a global levy by looking through the windows, as presumably he will claim whatever is in the boot too.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Are HCEO's allowed to perform a "Global Levy" on a car?

Episode 3 is on Iplayer at the moment. They have levied a car in the drive, fair enough, but he specifically said something along the lines of "We have levied the car, and all the goods inside it" as he hasn't had access into the car, its a global levy by looking through the windows, as presumably he will claim whatever is in the boot too.

I would agree caled, if he indeed did say that, and wrote it on the notice the levy should fail,