Northumbria Water Debit - Help needed asap

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4121 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have an outstanding debt from a home I had with my ex husband, he is now bankrupt so I am responsible.

I wrote to them in September advising I had started a new job and was on low wages for the first 3 months and could I set up an agreement after this. The day after sending this letter I received a county court judgement for this. A few days later I received a letter from them in response to my letter advising I would still need to fill out the earnings and expenditure on the county court judgement. I did this offering to pay £20 a month.

I received a letter from them dated 21st November stating they had set up a payment plan and sent me a paypoint card to pay. The first installment of £7.02 would be due on 3rd Dec and then £20 every month on the 3rd. I wrote to them advising I had previously said I couldn't afford to pay anything until January and I filled out the income and expenditure as what my wages would be from then. I said that I would pay £27.02 on the 3rd Jan and £20 per month after that. I got no reply but put this down to Christmas post.

On 3rd Jan I paid £28 through Paypoint. Today I got a letter from Alexander James Debt Recovery dated 7th Jan stating I have failed to honour the payment arrangement so the agreement has been cancelled and they intend to start court proceedings for an attachment of earnings.

I'm very upset at this as I'm sticking to a really tight budget and trying my best to pay everybody and did everything I said I would. I'm basically starting again in life with a new job and still under probation at a very small company and the last thing I want is an attachment of earnings as I feel (although wrong) it could affect trust from the director and also getting a permanent contract.

I want to send a letter tomorrow, recorded, can somebody please advise me on how to proceed.

Thanks.

I will try and find someone who can help.

This does not appear to be very fair at all however, I am sure that in view of what you have said, a Judge would not look too kindly on their unreasonable treatment of you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

http://www.ofwat.gov.uk/publications/focusreports/prs_inf_baddebt.pdf.

They already have judgment they are entitled to apply for an AoE if the agreement was broke.I would let them process the AoE and then set that to a realistic affordable payment that wont be defaulted on.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

did you know about the court case?

was Alexander James Debt Recovery anything to do with it?

something funny here

like its two people chasing the same debt?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

http://www.ofwat.gov.uk/publications/focusreports/prs_inf_baddebt.pdf.

They already have judgment they are entitled to apply for an AoE if the agreement was broke.I would let them process the AoE and then set that to a realistic affordable payment that wont be defaulted on.

I can afford it. My wages went as of Jan and this is what I worked my figures around.

did you know about the court case?

was Alexander James Debt Recovery anything to do with it?

something funny here

like its two people chasing the same debt?

dx

It was just Northumbria Water.

so it seems like the dca is chasing the same debt then, unknowing of the ccj already to me?

did you know about the court case , did you get claimform through before the ccj came?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ok just searched them and AJDR is the internal Northumbria Water in house dca.

so clears that up

dx

and they

Any AoE will be set far more stringent than completing the summons with an offer of payment plan.You can object to the AoE if you would rather deal direct with the creditor rather than involve your employer.Either re negotiate with Northumbria or await the N56 (if their threat is real) and deal with it as stated.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Thanks.

Think I'll send them a letter tomorrow explaining and see what they say. They'll be able to see a payment was made well before they issued their current letter and the payments are up to date.

Alexander James Debt Recovery will be acting for Northumbria so ignore their threats and deal with the organ grinder.If the payments are up to date then any application for an AoE would be pointless and is probably bluff from the Debt Monkey:wink:

i know this has been picked up on the twitter feed

but please keep us updated.

dx

and they