Zez

reclaiming Late Charges on various debts

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2450 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

i have a halifax credit card i have paid alot of late payment charges on this account 12 pounds everytime (late payment fees, etc i do not have ppi).

i also have a few catalogue accounts aswell (kandco, very, gratten) which late fees have been added too.

i would like to know if i could claim any charges back on any accounts.

i have sent SAR to all companies so far......

i wasnt sure what to expect and what to do next, am i right in thinking i can claim these back?,

i am trying to claim the charges back as it would help me pay the credit card off as i still owe on it

and it is becoming difficult making monthly payments and the balance is still hardly reducing...

i understand that many companies do not give out as the 12 pounds is legal (i think) , but i read the following statement : -

Charges after June 2006.

For any charges on or after June 2006, if you were probably hit for £12 each time.

As this is already set to the OFT-recommended amount, you simply need to ask for the full £12 amount to be refunded

i would greatly appriciate if anyone would be able to give me advice on what to do and expect next, thankyou....

Hi Zez and welcome to CAG.

You can reclaim ALL unlawful charges. The OFT did NOT say this was a fair charge, they said they would not investigate charges of £12.

Have a look in the Library and forums of the companies you want to reclaim from.

Ok does that mean i can reclaim the charges at my own risk? Sorry to sound stupid, i will have a read. Thankyou

Hiya zez, i dont think they will be giving you anything back, but you sure can have a go!

Yes you can:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?9-Halifax-Bank-and-Bank-of-Scotland

If you start a thread in the forum above for you r credit card and had have a read of the other who have claimed them back

Also here is a forum for the cat debts:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?235-Mail-order-catalogues

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Hiya zez, i dont think they will be giving you anything back, but you sure can have a go!

WHY wouldn't they give anything back? Please explain!

you prob wont get the charges to your pocket

but they will be taken off the outstanding balance

once you get the SAR back

start a thread as advised in the named forum for that debt/company/catalogue

dx

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

thankyou for all your help, i will wait for the SAR to come, and i will post in the thread mentioned. thankyou

Just a update, halifax have sent me a letter stating they have received my letter and will send me the information i need, i have not had a reply from kandco or very. And gratten called me today leaving me a voicemail to give them a call back! Do i write them a letter/email asking them to write to me or do i give them a call back???? X

Just a update, halifax have sent me a letter stating they have received my letter and will send me the information i need, i have not had a reply from kandco or very. And gratten called me today leaving me a voicemail to give them a call back! Do i write them a letter/email asking them to write to me or do i give them a call back???? X

Always keep everything in writing.

If you have sent an official request (SAR) with the £10 payment, they have 40 days to comply.

There is a follow up letter to send should they go over the 40 days.

Yes i sent a official request with the £10. Ok thankyou gor your response.

Hiya just a update:- (sorry if i dont make sense)

i have received my SAR paperwork from kandco/very

i went through all the paperwork trying to understand everything,

kandco and very also sent me adjustment details which had all the charges written down,

kandco 11 admin charges of £12:00, one of £15.00 but went through statements and theres actually 14 admin charges of £12:00 and one of £15:00.

Very had 11 admin charges of £12:00 but on statements theres actually 14 admin charges of £12:00.

I recieved CCA for very but no CCA for kandco

What do i do now?

Any help much appriciated thankyou

This fourth spreadsheet is useful in calculating a regulatory based compound interest award for PPI on a Revolving Credit Account. Not all statements are required for this sheet because it will work out the compound interest on the PPI payments you do know about. It will not work out the additional 8% interest, to do that you will need spreadsheet three above AND all of your statements.

FosCISheet v101.xls

use THEIR int rate

dx

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

Thankyou for your reply, i dont think i have PPI ??

use that for each charge from its date [enter every charge!]

and put their int rate in too [cell D15 i think?].

dx

spreadsheets