Changes to disabled parking - unfairticket?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4092 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi!

Today my PA found a parking ticket on her car. She had driven me to Matalan in Worksop, we parked in a disabled bay and I displayed my current blue Badge. The car park is run by Town and City. On previous visits we checked the pay and display board and it did not say that disabled had to pay.

My PA only noticed the parking ticket when we arrived home. I telephoned the store but they said ithe parking rules had changed as of christmas or the beginning of the year (she wasn't sure on the date) and disabled customers now had to get a ticket from the machine.

I had no idea they had changed the rules. We did not check the sign on the pay and display machine, it is situated away from the main entrance and disabled parking andwe had no reason to go there because we have never had to pay to park before. It was not clear or obvious that the rules had been changed or that we had to get a ticket to park in a disabled bay.

Do I have a case to appeal this ticket?

Thanks!

My view on this one is that if you feel inclined to write as apposed to ignoring, put your points in writing to the Head of Customer Service and bypass the third party agent. I understand that this tactic has been known to work on many occasions. Should this fail you could always have a word with your local press who would love a story like this, particularly as your friend is disabled and on their own admission they moved the goal posts.

The problem with using the telephone is that you have no record of the conversation and furthermore you need to get to senior management.

My view on this one is that if you feel inclined to write as apposed to ignoring, put your points in writing to the Head of Customer Service and bypass the third party agent. I understand that this tactic has been known to work on many occasions. Should this fail you could always have a word with your local press who would love a story like this, particularly as your friend is disabled and on their own admission they moved the goal posts.

The problem with using the telephone is that you have no record of the conversation and furthermore you need to get to senior management.

What do you mean "I understand that this tactic has been known to work on many occassions" what happens if it doesnt work?

To the OP you can ignore this

What do you mean "I understand that this tactic has been known to work on many occassions" what happens if it doesnt work?

To the OP you can ignore this

What do you have to lose as it is common knowledge that the retailer can simply cancel the charge, if they don't you can always ignore the ppc.

I don't see a problem because if it succeeds it avoids being bombarded with begging letters.

It is not everyone that chooses to ignore, there are varying opinions on this.

My view on this one is that if you feel inclined to write as apposed to ignoring, put your points in writing to the Head of Customer Service and bypass the third party agent.

This is a very good suggestion indeed.

Thank you for your replies. I understand now that the ticket is not a fine and I have passed the information on to my PA.

I did telephone the store to complain on the day we got the ticket. The woman I spoke to said I had to take it up with the car park company as it was nothing to do with them because they didn't own it. She thought they had put flyers on people's cars informing them of changes during christmas week but I didn't visit the store then so didn't see them.

Thanks again for your advice.