Abused by delivery driver at place of work

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4116 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I hope someone can help yesterday a parcel was delivered to my place of work but the company name was wrong and I refused to sign for it at which point the driver became abusive and pushed me. There were 4 other witnesses and I have contacted the delivery company and emailed them what has happened but they have not acknowledged the complaint and my employer is also doing nothing. I would like to take this further but no idea how to, the company outsourced the delivery to a franchisee and have given them my full details:jaw:

Edited by OneUnhappyBunny
spelling

Name, company that I work for address and fact that I live local the franchisee contacted me asking for me by my full name to assure me that the delivery driver was sorry and that he would never hurt me (well he flipped and pushed me calling me names) and that not to worry about him delivering to my home address (we run a small sideline business at home and have deliveries/collections by this company) I was shocked that the franchisee knew all this as I was assured by the delivery company that my complaint would remain confidential. My employer don't know how to deal with this as it has never happened before and its not really likely to happen again but I know I sound dramatic but I think its really affected me:sad:

Edited by OneUnhappyBunny
spelling again

While I agree the driver shouldnt have pushed you I think that it is unlikly to happen again and i could see this whole thing escalating. If you want to be exact a push is a battery and a criminal offence, however it would be seen by many as a bit of a waste of time when no real harm has been done to persue this course of action. I think that the franchisee had to be given your name etc by the delivery company in order for him to investigate the allegation with his driver, the fact that the franchisee called you and apologised is to my mind an to the matter.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

good idea, lets tell the police get him the driver charged and then he can loose his job, go on jsa (which costs the country more money) etc etc, just think that there are some things in life worth persuing and some not, at the end of the day he pushed him, no lasting damage, stupid yes, criminal yes technically, but we all do things in the heat of the moment and I would rather the polices time were spent investigating slightly more serious crimes.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.