Advice needed re Sky email switching to Yahoo

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4100 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone advise me please, I have Sky email which I am also able to receive on my Blackberry mobile.

Sky are switching to Yahoo in April and I have read on the Sky forum that there wll be a lot of problems as Yahoo use Pop and not Imap.

Can anyone suggest a suitable email programme I can switch to - I have Sky broadband - that will also work with my Blackberry?

Thankyou

Can anyone advise me please, I have Sky email which I am also able to receive on my Blackberry mobile.

Sky are switching to Yahoo in April and I have read on the Sky forum that there wll be a lot of problems as Yahoo use Pop and not Imap.

Can anyone suggest a suitable email programme I can switch to - I have Sky broadband - that will also work with my Blackberry?

Thankyou

Switch to Gmail account - works perfectly with my blackberry as its imap - avoid sky yahoo etc as if change isp you lose your account and have to spend hours resetting web sites etc

Thankyou scoobied

I think Sky are using Google mail at the moment (Gmail) ? They started this during the last year but got a lot of complaints as the size of the screen for viewing inbox or composing was much smaller due to advertising banners as well as other things.

Does your Gmail carry advertising banners?

I think it's Sky's own banner above the email window which when added to toolbars above make the viewing windows small.

Not looking forward to changing over, no doubt I'llhave to read up on Blackberry as well for all the details re i/c and o/g servers....:???:

I will double check and see what sky are doing about this

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

• 3 weeks later...

Gmail. Works with pretty much everything. Sky say they are switching to yahoo, but all their talk is probably because they have some kind of contract with them so its worth their while to get everyone to sign up with then. Especially since yahoo is pretty much dying.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Al the feedback from sky sa it will be IMAP as well

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)