Car written off and settlement delayed

CNBBurn
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4114 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good Afternoon,I was looking for some advice.I had an accinet saturday before christmas in the heavy rain, flash flooding caused me to skid and inturn end up driving off the side of the motorway, luckyly I was not injured, however my car was written off. Up until now, both my insurance and GAP insurance have been very helpful. Both have agreed I am covered. However, I am without a car, my policy did not give me a courtsy car in the event of a write off. This is posing a problem, I need a car to commute, last week I borrowed, this week I hired, but this has an expence I cant afford to continue, especially as I still have to pay my finance on the car until all is settled. The problem is that with out the GAP payout, I can't afford the deposit on a new car, they say their lead time is 2 weeks from recieving the paperwork from my insurance. My insurance say unfortuatly, we have a backlog and will get to your claim in due course, about 3 weeks. So that is 5 weeks before I can replace my written off car. Meaning I am stuck, without a car until they pull their fingers out. Why should I suffer by the understaffing of the insurance company to cover their back log? How does this relate to my accident, I paid their premium for a decent cover? Could anyone give me advice please?

4-6 weeks is pretty standard for a settlement of a total loss claim. As this accident claim is a fault claim and the policy does not provide for a hire car, then alternative transport will be at your cost. If you cannot afford the cost of this and need altenative private transport, then ask your Car Insurers for an urgent interim payment.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I pressed yesterday as much as a can, asking what else could be done, because their payout covers the finance only, I would not see anyof it anyway. All I need them to do is give me something that I can give to the GAP, but they won'y even look at it until it's my turn in their que.

Nothing you van do except wait for it to be settled.

As you say the payout will got the finance co anyway.

the problem arises when the gap insurance valuation and the insurance co valuation dont match; if with the same co may not be a problem and come up with the same figure.

Also you may have to haggle a bit about what they want to pay out, they will offer trade, but you want retail purchase value!!! watch out for any shortfall that you may be stuck with.

So be on your guard.

Thanks for the help, like said, looks I'm responsible for the intrim transport needs.I have got the settlement to within £10, so there isn'u a problem.I am just annoyed that, they delayed over Christmas, to pick up the car etc, because they closed, and inturn, delayed the offer, adding a few more weeks onto my wait