Please help intention to prosecute notice first capital connect

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4117 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a problem of a relatively similair nature to ones ive seen before on ehre regarding intention to prosecute

I am appealing directly to silly 11 for the letter he sent to southeastern that got him off with a 35 pound fine, or anyuone else who can help me with stuff like this (cannot pm as made no posts yet)

basically i had a ticket for my train home cambridge to kings cross, but lost it sometime between 15 mins before my train went and when i reached cambridge station. Stupidlyu had a moment of amdness at cambridge and tryed to follow in behind someone- unfortunately the train ticket i had been using was one not bough of a site like a trainline, was infact bought by a mate in case for me so no way of proving any of that. Explained this and weeks later now have an intention to prosecute notice regarding

failing to hand over a ticket for inspection

exiting or enterting the station by means other than the approved exit or passing through the gate in an incorrect manner.

I'm utterly terrified about the prospect of court, I understand the basics about apologising stressing this was out of character etc but I want to know what else to say in this letter to them that is asking for my viewpoint. Any help atol would be unbelievable as at the minute I'm a little bit terrified. ow and jsut to provide additional information I was perfectly cooperative with them once they got me, they didnt make it clear wether id be getting a penalty fare notice or an intention to prosecute at the time but theyve made that clear now

desperate to settle out of court just need to know what to write on this thing asking for what happened from my viewpoint with factual and honest information, will stress how court could seriously screw im my career, im a student who wants to be a doctor, understand you should offer to pay the original fare plus reasonable admin costs just need to know help with the specifics and general advice

if anyone has any good termplate old letters could they ring me on [edit] or email me on asap as my reply has to be sent by monday as it has to have reached them by wendnesday

thank you so much and please help so scared

Edited by honeybee13
Mobile number.

Would the friend who purchased the ticket for you have proof that it was indeed purchased - perhaps off a debit or credit card ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hello there.

I expect the forum guys will be along later with advice for you, as and when their day jobs permit. It would be helpful for them if you could answer citizenB's question please. From reading the forum, I understand that sometimes people buy one ticket between them and then say they had a ticket each but lost one. This could be what FCC are thinking.

I've removed your mobile number from your post, as it's not a good idea to put this on a public forum. You have time before Monday and I'm sure the guys will do what they can to help, try not to worry.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

my mate hasnt got any proof he purchased as he used cash. Just to clarify we weren;t travelling together, so there was certainly not kind of buy one ticket between too thing going in. he couldn't use it so gave it to me and I lost it sometime between my journey from waterloo to kings cross and then kings cross to cambridge, and have no proper proof that I ever had it- at kings cross when we all boarded none of the barriers were up because how busy it was so everybody including myself was just pouring through without using the ticket

in summary I'm wholly screwed on proving I ever even had a ticket, so am trying to think of exactly what to write in this statement because I desperately want an out of court setllement- 81 of you have all read this and 2 have replied surely some of you guys mudy have some ideas?

Help desperately needed for a student scared to death about a criminal record or court appearence for one mistake ruining my future

Hello again.

Please bear with us, people who read your thread may have similar problems to you and are looking for information. It's better to have informed advice and I would expect the forum guys to be around later. If you don't have replies in the next 24 hours, I'll send out some SOS's for you. :)

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Just to clarify we weren;t travelling together, so there was certainly not kind of buy one ticket between too thing going in. he couldn't use it so gave it to me and I lost it sometime between my journey from waterloo to kings cross and then kings cross to cambridge, and have no proper proof that I ever had it

Whilst this may seem a plausible explanation, I think you need to see this from the rail company perspective.

You were on the railway and had travelled from a station where ticket facilities were available, but did not show a valid ticket when asked to do so. That alone is a strict liability offence contrary to National Railway Byelaw 18.2

It is probably not a good idea to say 'my mate gave me a ticket, but I lost it', because rail tickets are not transferable unless the terms & conditions of the particular ticket type held expressly permit it. Sadly, care of tickets, or any other purchase is our own responsibility and if we buy something and lose it, then we have to buy another.

There is nothing to be gained from copying someone elses specific letter because all cases are judged on individual merit

The best thing you can do is to be pretty open in your letter to FCC, but don't add unnecessary details.

1) Apologise for failing to ensure that you showed a valid ticket when asked,

2) If as you say you did have a ticket tell them that you lost it, but recognise that is your fault,

3) quote the fare paid and ask if you can be allowed to pay the single fare plus the reasonable costs incurred by the rail company to settle this matter without need for Court action.

The rail company do not have to agree, but it is the best that you can do at this stage

old codja would you say its even worth bothering to mention that i didnt intend to avoid buying a ticket and that i lost it or should i just totally forget that and concentrate on the unreserved apology

You can say that you didn't intend to avoid a fare, but I don't think that will make too much difference at this point.

Concentrate on using your own words to ensure your letter is sincere and yes, you can stress that a conviction might have a disproportionate effect on your chosen career.

DEAR THE FANTASTICALLY HELPFUL OLD CODJA AND ANY OTHER TRANSPORT GURUS OR PEOPLE WHO HAVE READ THIS THREAD AND FANCY HELPING A FELLOW HUMAN OUT WHO IS TERRIFIED ABOUT GOING TO COURT AND THUS HAVING THIER FUTURE EMPLOYABILITY CRIPPLED PLEASE I BEG OF YOU READ MY DRAFT LETTER TO FCC AND GIMME SOME FEEDBACK. IT IS WRITTEN BASED ON OLD CODJAS ADVIE AND I INTEND TO SEND IT BY ROYAL MAIL RECORDED DELIVERY A WHOLE 2 MILES ACROSS TOWN FROM UNI TO THIER OFFICES IN WATERLOO WHERE I PRAY THEY WILL SPARE ME THE COURTS. IN SHORT READ THE LETTER AND ANY ADVICE WOULD BE AMAZING THANK YOU SO MUCH

Dear first capital connect and the prosecutions manager,

I am writing to express my sincere regret regarding my actions on Friday 23rd November 2011, and to plead with you to settle with me out of court for my actions. I wish to begin by apologising unreservedly for failing to hand over a ticket and exiting in an incorrect manner. This was a series of events that was totally out of character for me, reflected by my distraught reaction at the time once I had realised the true stupidity of what I had done. I want to apologise for the difficulties I caused to your staff and wholly apologise for my behaviour. I have never been in any kind of trouble like this before and thus feel that court action could have a disproprotionately large effects on my future career and employment prospects. I certainly promise and solemnly swear to never undertake such an unbelievably silly action of this ilk ever again. I have many exciting career ambitions and would be devastated if this one terrible mistake and susbsequent court action went on to permanently ruin my potential for future employment.

I am hugely remorseful regarding what happened, and am writing to plead for a mutual resolution and settlement without the need for court action. I am writing to plea for you to settle of court with me, an arrangment in which I would be happy to pay the single adult fare (22.60 I believe) and any reasonable administration costs that have been incurred with yourselves in dealing with my case. I would again like to express my apologies for my actions, restate that this was totally out of character and ask that the vast effects court could have on my future employability be considered. My current adress and mobile number are included for future contact (I believe my mobile number might have changed since the initial incident).

Thank you for taking the time to read this, which I would once again like to stress is sent with my deepest apologies. Yours sincerely,

DEAR THE FANTASTICALLY HELPFUL OLD CODJA AND ANY OTHER TRANSPORT GURUS OR PEOPLE WHO HAVE READ THIS THREAD AND FANCY HELPING A FELLOW HUMAN OUT WHO IS TERRIFIED ABOUT GOING TO COURT AND THUS HAVING THIER FUTURE EMPLOYABILITY CRIPPLED PLEASE I BEG OF YOU READ MY DRAFT LETTER TO FCC AND GIMME SOME FEEDBACK. IT IS WRITTEN BASED ON OLD CODJAS ADVIE AND I INTEND TO SEND IT BY ROYAL MAIL RECORDED DELIVERY A WHOLE 2 MILES ACROSS TOWN FROM UNI TO THIER OFFICES IN WATERLOO WHERE I PRAY THEY WILL SPARE ME THE COURTS. IN SHORT READ THE LETTER AND ANY ADVICE WOULD BE AMAZING THANK YOU SO MUCH

Dear first capital connect and the prosecutions manager,

I am writing to express my sincere regret regarding my actions on Friday 23rd November 2011, and to plead with you to settle with me out of court for my actions. I wish to begin by apologising unreservedly for failing to hand over a ticket and exiting in an incorrect manner. This was a series of events that was totally out of character for me, reflected by my distraught reaction at the time WHEN I realised the true stupidity of what I had done. I want to apologise for the difficulties I caused to your staff and wholly apologise for my behaviour. I have never been in any kind of trouble like this before and BELIEVE that court action could have a disproprotionately NEGATIVE effects on my future career and employment prospects. I certainly promise and solemnly swear to never undertake such an unbelievably silly action of this KIND ever again. IT WOULD BE DEVASTATING if this one terrible mistake and susbsequent court action IS ALLOWED to permanently ruin my potential for future employment.

I am hugely remorseful regarding what happened, and am writing to plead for a mutual resolution and settlement without the need for court action. I am writing to PLEAD for you to settle of court with me, an arrangment in which I would be happy to pay the single adult fare (22.60 I believe) and ALL OF THE reasonable administration costs that have been incurred with yourselves in dealing with my case. I would again like to express my apologies for my actions, restate that this was totally out of character and ask that the vast effects court could have on my future employability be considered. My current adress and mobile number are included for future contact.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, which I would once again like to stress is sent with my deepest apologies.

Yours sincerely,

It is rare for me to edit grammar in a user's post because it is your letter, but I have made a few small suggestions in this case, which I believe are necessary. I am not suggesting the letter is now wholly grammatically correct, it is really important to retain your own basic use of language

I've looked at your letter as if I were the prosecution manager receiving it and I think the few words I have changed take out the irrelevant bits and make it a little more likely that I might agree your request.

As a matter of interest and rightly or wrongly in the reader's view, the use of slang words, or what I call 'lazy' spelling, can dramatically affect the way in which a letter is viewed. Ii is not unusual for letters to arrive, which are written in 'text speak'. It is not unusual for prosecution staff to wonder if the writer takes the whole thing seriously when reading these.

It is really important that you treat something like this seriously. I know that your notes in upper case are not a part of your letter, but the little 'jibe' about paying for recorded delivery to send the letter 'a whole two miles across town' suggest that some indignance remains. The recorded delivery is important, it gives you peace of mind that the letter will definitely arrive quickly, can be tracked and will be seen by the people that matter. The distance it travels to do so is wholly irrelevant.

I have to stress that a letter like this is not guaranteed to work, the TOC have all the evidence to hand and we have only the writer's explanation of what happened. The TOC may consider that the matter is serious enough for them to proceed, but you lose nothing by trying to convince the TOC of your sincerity and remorse.

Edited by Old-CodJA

The recorded delivery is important, it gives you peace of mind that the letter will definitely arrive quickly, can be tracked and will be seen by the people that matter. The distance it travels to do so is wholly irrelevant.

As a caveat : recorded delivery is only tracked in detail at the last stage of its journey. It is not a "guaranteed delivery" service, nor is it speedier than 1st class mail.

In the late 90's I needed to send a notification to the police, which the law required me to send "recorded". I sent it by RD (rather than 'registered', which has now been replaced by "special delivery").

It never got delivered. I complained at the Post Office, bemoaning the lack of delivery / lack of signature to be told "we guarantee a signature on delivery" "but only if we deliver it, and we don't guarantee to deliver it"!

(The Met were fine when I called them to advise, as it seemed to not be an uncommon occurrence : they said to resend the notification with a covering letter and the RD reference no. to confirm I'd discharged my obligations. This one got through!)

So, if it is "peace of mind" you want or it needs tracking throughout its journey or to be a "guaranteed delivery" service, consider "special delivery" rather than RD.

If time is pressing and you need guaranteed next day, or don't want to risk it not being delivered : use SD.

I'm not saying SD can't be lost, but it is rare due to the full tracking. Were an SD letter to not be delivered next day, at least you'd know quickly, and be due a refund of the SD fee, so could resend it within a day or so.

Bazza S I am going to send it via special delivery next day

Old Codja thanks very much for using the grammar, I was using a cheap version of word and just typed it out once without checking, was going to send it to the library and spell check it today.

Fully understand your point about my language and my tone in the comment above, if im honest its not so much resentment as more fear and worry particularly as I've got laods of degree work on to worry about too. But yes I'm most certainly serious about this and seriously scared.

Thanks for the corrections have implemented them and will give it another intense read through before printing it out.

Understand it may not work but its the best option I've got so id be a total idiot not to try it.

thanks will sent it special delivery gaurenteed next day.

old codja im most certainly taking it seriously, the resentment is more stress because of this hanging over me and loads of degree work at the moment

really appreciate all the help and will read it out loud and double check it before submission

its not gaurenteed to work but its the best option ive got

thanks to both of you