Court date

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4110 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good morning,

I have been taken to court by a Payday Lender and I have been given a court date of when the case is.

I lost my job a few years ago and could not afford to pay back the loan of £150. I made them aware that I had lost my job and wasnt in a position to pay back in the mean time. After gaining full time employment I told the lender I was willing to pay back what I owe plus 1 months interest and no more. They refused this offer and I have an email with them refusing this and are now claiming i pay on the summons £500+

I want to defend this in court. Im a bit apprehensive about naming the lender as im sure they read this forum and dont want to give them any sort of edge if they know im looking for help.

Any thoughts on what my chances would be defending this?

Many thanks,

BK

Good afternoon, thanks for replying

It a copy of the small claims court summons with myself as the Defender and the name of the pursuers solicitors and details of the hearing date at the bottom.

Thanks,

BK

A copy and not the original blue summons N1 from Northampton?

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

So the claim has been issued in Scotland?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Thread moved to Dealing wtth Debt in Scotland.

Hi can you post up the summary of claim?

did you attempt to even make a payment when you could?

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

you said you were willing to pay the what borrowed and 1 months interest - did you actually pay this?

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

you said you were willing to pay the what borrowed and 1 months interest - did you actually pay this?

No, they refused my offer and that is why I'm being taken to court. I have the email they sent me refusing my offer of what I borrowed and one months interest. They are looking for much more, interest, charges etc and I refused to pay that.

It won't cost you anything to defend it other than your time.

Do you still have copies of communications of you offering payment and advising them you were in financial difficulty?

Are you in a position to offer payments?

Did you make any payments at all?

And just to clarify you said in your initial post that the claim was £500+ but the claims says £380?