Barclaycard Statements

Andy12
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4116 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am trying to get hold of my Barclaycard statements for the period August 2006 to January 2007.

I was at a different address back then, and the Barclaycard account was closed in January 2007.

Having phoned several times and getting the usual bad customer service, I wrote to them and requested the information. I first got my credit report to check dates, part of the account number etc to put in the letter.

They replied saying they have no record of that account.

I am now replying to ask once again for the statements. Does anyone have any advice on what to include in the letter to help the situation? Is it my right under the data protection act to have these?

Many Thanks

Andy

Hi Andy and welcome to CAG

Can you confirm when you first asked BC for this data.

Did you send a formal SAR and pay the £10 fee.

They tend to say they only keep data for 6 years although we know this is not true. Do you have any statements, receipts, etc showing the a/c number.

Seeing your other post, I assume this matter more to do with a s.75 claim for PIP Breast Implants, as opposed to reclaiming a/c penalty charges or PPI charges.

Depending on your answer, I'll suggest what I think is your best way fwd.

The good news is that BC will produce data when faced with a simple court claim for disclosure of data using the Data Protection Act.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Thank you for the reply,

I first asked for the data at the end of November 2012 by phone.

Having got nowhere, I sent a letter to which they replied on the 12th December. I didn't send the £10 fee and I just sent a letter requesting the statements.

Yes, it's a potential section 75 claim for PIP, although I still can't be certain if I paid by c/c or debit. It was definitely either Barclays or BarclayCard though.

I know of someone who contacted Barclaycard and got 8 years of statements quite easily. She claimed under section 75 and they paid out.

Thanks again for your help.

Andy

Hi Andy,

If you write to BC confirming exactly why you want the old statements (ie that it relates to a PIPS implant case which you believe was paid for using BC between Aug 2006 and Jan 2007) you may be surprised that they can suddenly "find" them.

Adapt and use the SAR letter here and send them £10 - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?417-A-Subject-Access-Request-for

If they fail to supply, you may have to take court action for disclosure. See posts 130 to 132 here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?50148-Barclaycard-amp-Microfiche-they-are-wrong-OFFICIAL&p=3106958&viewfull=1#post3106958

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thank you very much for your help.

I did state in the original letter it wasn't in relation to PPI, but maybe I should have mentioned PIP.

Thank you for the link, I will use and adapt the letter.

Andy

Hi Andy,

I'd mention PIP Breast Implants specifically, so BC don't assume you made a typo error with PPI.

Do you mean I should tell them it's in relation to PIP or I should tell them it isn't? I can't decide whether being honest is the right thing to do in this situation.

I do agree about the PIP/PPI thing, it gets me mixed up all the time. Especially as my wife is claiming PPI and for her PIPs (not both from BarclayCard though). :???:

Andy

Tell BC it's in relation to a PIPs Implant claim under s.75.

:wink: