Atos debate in the House of Commons set for 17th January 2013

Invalidation
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4085 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good news but will it achieve anything?

Just an addition. The debate should be live on the Parliament channel. Ill check and report back

Michael Meacher States:

January 9th, 2013

I am very pleased to announce that the elected Back-Bench Business Committee in the Commons has now arranged for a full 3-hour debate on Atos work capability assessments to take place in the main chamber (not in Westminster Hall where there has already previously been a debate on Atos) on Thursday 17 January starting shortly after 11am.

I have already spoken to a large number of Members of all parties and am assured there will be a big turnout, so that people in a large number of constituencies (perhaps as many as 30) will be directly represented in the debate.

I hope the speeches will cover a great many cases, though tragically there are so many hundreds of horrifying accounts flooding into MPs’ that not all of them can be specifically included.

Edited by Invalidation

Taking a poke at the world

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Good news but will it achieve anything?

Just an addition. The debate should be live on the Parliament channel. Ill check and report back

Michael Meacher States:

January 9th, 2013

I am very pleased to announce that the elected Back-Bench Business Committee in the Commons has now arranged for a full 3-hour debate on Atos work capability assessments to take place in the main chamber (not in Westminster Hall where there has already previously been a debate on Atos) on Thursday 17 January starting shortly after 11am.

I have already spoken to a large number of Members of all parties and am assured there will be a big turnout, so that people in a large number of constituencies (perhaps as many as 30) will be directly represented in the debate.

I hope the speeches will cover a great many cases, though tragically there are so many hundreds of horrifying accounts flooding into MPs’ that not all of them can be specifically included.

Laugh, laugh, laugh, I'm laughing so much if I could afford it I would buy a round, the debate will go around in circles and achieve nothing, a patent waste of time.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

Laugh, laugh, laugh, I'm laughing so much if I could afford it I would buy a round, the debate will go around in circles and achieve nothing, a patent waste of time.

Dont think so. This is Meacher's debate and he's been after one for ages, its not one of the pathetic 1 hour mini debates that we saw last year. its also notable that this is in the Main Chamber of the house and not one of the smaller halls. Also notable is the point that this will probably be covered by TV on the Parliament channel which everyone has.

It will get exposure and any nail in the ConDems coffin of Benefit reforms is well worth it.

Taking a poke at the world

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Watched it all the way through. Not as many attended as I would have liked.

Will say that it was obvious that the ones who did attend from both sides of the house had issues with ATOS.

John McDonnell spoke well on our behalf and thank you John for bringing up Callums List. On the whole the majority of the speakers spoke with commitment to ending the WCA and ATOS's involvement.

Mark Hoban?????? well what can be said other than he is a compulsive liar, patronising and must live on another planet..... only 15% of decisions over turned at appeal????????? ATOS do not work to targets?????????? we all know different:)

Thank you Michael Meacher for securing this debate and letting Hoban know that this horrendous issue is not going to go away.....:clap2:

Sorry to disagree Uday ATOS do have targets......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkzHxXg0rfQ

and:

http://careers.atos.net/fe/tpl_Atos01.asp?s=IwfHeKPmZxOAfCcOxu&jobid=100592%2C2336544852&key=38006907&c=545825352347&pagestamp=setqhasvwyudxpveix

Read the whole job description Targets are mentioned twice. This is taken off ATOS's own website.

Sorry to disagree Uday ATOS do have targets......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkzHxXg0rfQ

and:

http://careers.atos.net/fe/tpl_Atos01.asp?s=IwfHeKPmZxOAfCcOxu&jobid=100592%2C2336544852&key=38006907&c=545825352347&pagestamp=setqhasvwyudxpveix

Read the whole job description Targets are mentioned twice. This is taken off ATOS's own website.

Dilizjo, I know atos do have target but one of mp said there is no target foe atos (sorry can not remember mp name) there is always a target.

sorry I should have put more detail but I thought most of us had watch live on t.v

I think its clear there is targets, the question is how and why do ministers get away with lieing to the house.

As i said in the other thread, its also clear the DWP are happy with whats happening otherwise there would be a review of ATOS and they wouldnt have been picked for PIP. So in that regard ATOS are just doing what they told, this is obvious, the issue is the DWP who have successfully used ATOS as a decoy.

http://www.michaelmeacher.info/weblog/2013/01/is-parliament-fit-for-purpose/#more-4788

its good they wont let this drop, although his reasons dont match ours, he is using the ATOS argument for government accountability, but the end game is the same, he is aiming for a change on the ATOS/DWP system.

I don't agree with everything he says, yes ATOS do work on behalf of whoever employs them, but the fact that they get different results just lends more credence to the idea of targets. When working for an employer, it is in the employer's interest to get a decision of the employee not being fit for any work, because then the employer doesn't have to spend money and time making reasonable adjestments or dealing with excess sick leave. When working for the DWP, the aim is to find as many people fit for work as possible, so this is what they do. Their assessment process is designed to fit the client's needs. But certainly the word twisting they have to do to justify finding a very sick person fit for work is indicative of a complete lack of ethics, on the part of the oganisation and the individuals employed by them. So no I don't think they are blameless.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

:The Blame Game:

'Please remember, our highly competent pinocchios are carrying out Work Capability Assessments using standards and criteria that are laid out in government legislation. Where a customer has a concern ...... we ask that this should not be targeted at our staff.'

http://blog.atoshealthcare.com/2012/12/recording-of-assessments-using-personal-equipment/

Sorry, I'm just not buying this. I'm as concerned with Shatos as with Government. The unethical pinocchio who caused Starryeyes nearly two years of distress is as blameworthy as her paymasters.

Whatever happened to 'primum non nocere'? :pray:

Sincerely, Margaret

Edited by **Margaret**