style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2430 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Dear Sirs.

I hope someone can please assist I recently wrote a pm to dx but was advised to post on forum.

I wont go unto full details as im aware RLP monitor and use comments mentioned to harrass and try and add weight to there demands.

Ive read all I can on RLP and all the advise given by very clever guys and girls with regard what one should do once you get a letter demanding monies.

Im disabled and on large amounts of morphine daily and my.health is not brilliant

the police have concluded nfa after I was asked to attend station

I was not arrested im awaiting a nfa as informed by the police officer soon.

I know its best to ignore or send the odd two lined reply.

But because of my health and constant daily pain and meds, id like the option of offering a offer of ,,,,

, to return the sum incorrectly added to my credit card .

As im happy to except the cashier was at fault even though she denied this being her fault

this is why im in this situatiion and if she was honest there and then, but I guess shes trying to hold onto her job without implicating herself.

How would I word this do I include without preduice then make a letter offering the sum im willing to give.

Any help with the correct wording would be most helpful or a template suitable for this matter .

All advise welcome.

Thank you in advance.

Hi

I have merged the two threads you posted with the same issue and removed one of the posts. You do only need one thread for your question.

I'm a bit confused by this line...

id like the option of offering a offer of ,,,,, to return the sum incorrectly added to my credit card .

Are you offering to make a payment of some sort?

I think you are going to have to give some more detail as it is unclear as to what exactly happened and why RLP have contacted you.

In any event, RLP cannot do anything to you in terms of any action, only the store can do that. RLP will huff and puff and blurt out all sorts of nonsense to intimidate you.

Have a read around some of the other RLP threads to see what I mean. Just rest assured that they are an impotent bunch but like to think they have a lot more clout than they actually have.

As I say, more detail would be useful.

Edited by ims21

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Hi

I have merged the two threads you posrted with the same issue and removed one of the posts. You do only need one thread for your question.

I'm a bot confused by tis line...

Are you offering to make a payment of some sort?

I think you are going to have to give some more detail as it is unclear as to what exactly happened and why RLP have contacted you.

In any event, RLP cannot do anything to you in terms of any action, only the store can do that. RLP will huff and puff and blurt out all sorts of nonsense to intimidate you.

Have a read around some of the other RLP threads to see what I mean. Just rest assured that they are an impotent bunch but like to think they ave a lot more clout tan they actually have.

As I say, more detail would be useful.

Dear Sir,

The cashier for some strange reason added another item to my card assuming I had returned it but that was clearly a mistake on her part because I clearly told her id leave it but continue with refund for other item. This is why im considering offering that payment back even though it was a error on her part. Thats why I may or may not offer to pay .

well what ever you decide to do

YOU DO NOT NEED TO PAY RLP.

you appear to be of an honest nature

my advise would be to go in an see the store manager

you appear to be saying that you returned an item for a refund, but got two refunded rather than just the one?

so inadvertently walked out the store with one item you thought you'd paid for?

can you outline how long ago this was please

if the police are putting it down to a genuine mistake by 'someone' and are taking no further action

that would be my MO.

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Dear ims21.

Did that make it a bit clearer for you in what im trying to address ?

Like ive said this whole problem could of been resolved instore but as youve heard many many times RLP

just want monies by anymeans possible from what ive read anyway.

Maybe thats just my good nature considering offering a amount that was credited to my card , as previously mentioned.

Many thanks for your prompt reply and concern.

Im looking foward to a good conculsion and with help and guidance from all on this EXCELLENT SITE .

Please await further info on this matter , I just hope youll not get to bored dealing with another case such as this ?

Having your guidance and support and knowledge in law is most most welcome

and I thank you all that may assist me further as I update the progress.

When this matter is finished and closed I will consider a small goodwill gesture to help maintain this excellent site.

Edited by deltapete
Spacing

just be clear

RLP and what they CLAIM you owe is NOTHING to do with any LAWS.

it is a speculative invoice - NO LEGAL STANDING.

you issue is, quite rightly, that you have an item you have now not paid for.

ofcourse there is another way

that would be to write to the store manager [mark it striclty confidential]

and iclude a cheque or postal order for the amount you feel you owe

a very brief note should be included

dx

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

Dear DX.

Thank you for your reply also im just willing to refund the over payment but RLP will be sending me a letter.

But id be grateful for correct wording to say im willing to refund the over payment asap and bring the matter to a close.

Many Thanks.

Edited by deltapete

Dear Sirs.

As dx suggested if I went down this route and sent the payment to the store and a brief note explaining that I have given the payment , would it be advisable to ask them to contact Rlp to explain that payment received .

Its just ive read on numerous threads some of you state that its most likely the stores themselves have no idea what actions Rlp are doing !

Im just trying to find the correct way to go about this .

I so wish the cashier hadnt made the mistake , and just wish she had been honest at the till or just after and not to put me in this situation from the outset. :sad:

Edited by deltapete

Advice please .

If after my first reply I deny any form of libleity to you and on behalf of who you act.

I was hoping to send second letter stating without predjuice the sum I believe was mistakenly credited to my card the offer , that would be my understanding this would be excepted?

Or am I grabbing at straws on this , like ive said im wanting to comply with the over payment because im guessing it was a geniune mistake from the cashier , even though the cashier wouldnt admit this as explained earlier.

Any thoughts on this approach id be grateful.

Thanks again all im sure your all sick of any mention of RLP .

Just askinh the question again as no reply.

I have taken onboard the kind replies but youll see im trying to suggest would sort both situations at the sametime and can some one kindly do at short letter temlate for no liability first letter , then if the most of you agree a second template wording my offer for the amount .

I await assistance thank you , below the question again.

Help the CAG!!

Download our toolbar

Cagger since :

Jan 2013

Re: RLP LETTER All advise welcome .

Advice please .

If after my first reply I deny any form of libleity to you and on behalf of who you act.

I was hoping to send second letter stating without predjuice the sum I believe was mistakenly credited to my card the offer , that would be my understanding this would be excepted?

Or am I grabbing at straws on this , like ive said im wanting to comply with the over payment because im guessing it was a geniune mistake from the cashier , even though the cashier wouldnt admit this as explained earlier.

Any thoughts on this approach id be grateful.

Thanks again all im sure your all sick of any mention of RLP .

THANK YOU .

have you still got the second item?

dx

spreadsheets 

Dear Sirs.

As dx suggested if I went down this route and sent the payment to the store and a brief note explaining that I have given the payment , would it be advisable to ask them to contact Rlp to explain that payment received .

From what I've read here, RLP is a parallel system and could well plough on regardless of what the store tell them. After all, a case can be closed by the police but RLP will still send an invoice for staff time, etc.

Its just ive read on numerous threads some of you state that its most likely the stores themselves have no idea what actions Rlp are doing !

Indeed.

Im just trying to find the correct way to go about this .

I so wish the cashier hadnt made the mistake , and just wish she had been honest at the till or just after and not to put me in this situation from the outset. :sad:

Hello again. I've added a couple of comments.

How do you feel about dx's suggestion of writing to the store manager?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

can some one kindly do at short letter temlate for no liability first letter

This is from another thread on this forum, wording suggested by Scarlet Pimpernel. Post #5 in this link.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?374877-Solicitor-letter-money-recovery-help-needed!&highlight=deny+liability

'Dear Sirs

I refer to your letter dated xxxxxx.

Any liability to your client is denied. No further correspondence will be entered into.

Yours etc. '

Hope that helps, HB

Thank you both , the confusing has come about because I went to the till with another item but at the till I decided not to purchase the item I had , then continued with the refund that I went into the store with my wife brought the day before .

The confusion arose im guessing is my wife brought a vase the day before with the other item I was returning .

The cashier rightly asked if I wanted the other item which wasnt in the bag or any attempt to conseal , I was umming and arrrhing whilst queueing and clearly replied no I didnt want it .

Then I continued with the refund for the other item, but for some reason the cashiet refunded the sum of the other item .

I have been question by police voluntary at station given the truth and the police clearly saw other item was not dealt with and remain seperate at all times from the other refund , I pointed this out saying look I told you I ckearly said I didnt want that item and made no further reference regard that item through the whole conversation and expected a refund on just the item I returned.

Police said itll be nfa but I do feel hard done because this could of been sorted at the store only if the cashier had been honest and admitted the mistake when I said in holding room, I know shes trying to hold onto her job but be honest.

Does that assist at all I said ti police if I had any wrongful intentions id be honest but there was no criminal intent what so ever .

Thank you for both replies .

With regard my second letter I thought id offer the sum back to close matter .

Hi dx and hb .

Does that assist in what im trying to explain.

My thinking was offer the sum back on second letter because RLP act on , I know you say they dont I understand that but they would be my point of contact or am I wrong on that ?

Thanks again dx and hb :-)

Sorry to go on but does my reasoning make any sense in how im trying to return the incorrectly added amount to my card .

Download our toolbar

Cagger since :

Jan 2013

Re: RLP LETTER All advise welcome .

Hi dx and hb .

Does that assist in what im trying to explain.

My thinking was offer the sum back on second letter because RLP act on , I know you say they dont I understand that but they would be my point of contact or am I wrong on that ?

Thanks again dx and hb

Ive explained better in my last post , hope that it explains the situatiion a little better.

I have read you suggestion with regard sorting this with the store, but not being given the oppotunity on the day , seems that door would be closed.

You make a good point but if only the cashier was honest from the outset this situation wouldnt of arisen.

Im trying to clear this up as if killing two birds with one stone if that makes sense?

Is the scarlet pimminal available to advise or this thead drawn to his or her attention.

I thank you and hb for your input and any other suggestions or ideas id be grateful.

Thank you.

Hello again.

I received a copy of this by PM, which is slightly confusing, but I have replied to you.

Your thread has been flagged for site team attention by anyone who knows about RLP, including Scarlet Pimpernel if he is around at the moment.

Please bear with us.

HB

• Confused 1

you have at the end of the day been refunded for an item you did not actually purchase

did not leave the store with

and

benefit from owning

as i've said before.

i PERS would write to the MANAGER of the store

including a CHEQUE to the amount of the item you were wrongly refunded upon.

a brief letter of exp should be included.

NOTHING to do with RLP

no need to contact RLP

no need to have ANYTHING to do with them.

let them wave thrir arms

they are going to look PRETTY silly if they take it further

which they will not

dx

• Confused 1

spreadsheets 

you have at the end of the day been refunded for an item you did not actually purchase

did not leave the store with

and

benefit from owning

as i've said before.

i PERS would write to the MANAGER of the store

including a CHEQUE to the amount of the item you were wrongly refunded upon.

a brief letter of exp should be included.

NOTHING to do with RLP

no need to contact RLP

no need to have ANYTHING to do with them.

let them wave thrir arms

they are going to look PRETTY silly if they take it further

which they will not

dx

Many thanks for that , I was trying to use logic with regarding the over payment thus dealing with RLP seeing they were my point of contact and were acting on behalf of the store.

I would of thought that was the correct procedure but it looks as if im wrong in assuming that then.

Why does the store deal with this matter and use R.. ive no idea.

So my suggestion doesnt seem a good idea to offer the sum be under £15 on arrival of second letter from the mentioned company .

I was just trying to use logic that was all.

I do thank you all for your time and replies its very assuring when a person in such position has no legal knowledge or general understanding in such situations its not everyday your put in this situation thank god for that .

I await any input or comments , if any of you wish to do so .

Thanks again.

Ps Has anyone come across the same situation before same as im going through with over payment and how they were able to bring to a swift conclusion ?

Edited by honeybee13
Spacing.

Youve already had your answer. For some reason you refuse to accept it.

IGNORE RLP. Forget they even exist. They have no rights, no reason to contact you.

Contact the store manager directly, inform him what happened, and tell him you are willing to pay the amount owed directly.

RLP are trying to get money off you for no reason at all, and honestly, it sounds like their tricks are working on you.

• Haha 1

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hello again.

I received a copy of this by PM, which is slightly confusing, but I have replied to you.

Your thread has been flagged for site team attention by anyone who knows about RLP, including Scarlet Pimpernel if he is around at the moment.

Please bear with us.

HB

Many thanks HB.

Ill await any input and also take on board dx's suggestion of sending monies to the store , am I right in thinking the manager will be aware because on the day at question there was no sign of any manager or such just the guard , I think the manager was away but cant be 100% sure of that .

Would it be an idea to compose letter briefly stating the over payment and find enclosed sum of ....... to address the over payment the cashier mistakenly gave me .

Anything else should I add or will that surfice ?

Thank you .

Youve already had your answer. For some reason you refuse to accept it.

IGNORE RLP. Forget they even exist. They have no rights, no reason to contact you.

Contact the store manager directly, inform him what happened, and tell him you are willing to pay the amount owed directly.

RLP are trying to get money off you for no reason at all, and honestly, it sounds like their tricks are working on you.

Hi .

Mmmmmm to be honest its just im a honest chap that could well do without this , my health and medication takes it toll .

Just wish the cashier could of owned up and admit the mistake on the day , its just unessary hassle we can all do without.

I will do as advised and write a short letter just stating find enclosed the sum of ...... to correct the over payment issued by your cashiers mistake . Yours sincerely etc etc .

Ill get that done tonight and address it The store manager confidental addressie only .

Do I need to add more ? Maybe asking for receipt or not ?

Thank you.

Up to you if you want a receipt or not. Just make sure you dont have anything to do with RLP. Don't even acknowledge anything they say.

If the manager is unaware, i would call the store and ask to make an appointment with the manager, or you can simply walk in and speak to the duty manager there. The guard has to notify the manager and its up to the manager to come and see you then. When he comes to see you, speak to him privately, explain everything, and offer him the monies owed along with a full apology, regardless of whose fault the mistake is attributed to.

Or, if you are nervous about going to the store, send a letter like DX said, along with a cheque for the amount and a full apology. Do NOT send cash in the letter.

• Confused 1

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Up to you if you want a receipt or not. Just make sure you dont have anything to do with RLP. Don't even acknowledge anything they say.

If the manager is unaware, i would call the store and ask to make an appointment with the manager, or you can simply walk in and speak to the duty manager there. The guard has to notify the manager and its up to the manager to come and see you then. When he comes to see you, speak to him privately, explain everything, and offer him the monies owed along with a full apology, regardless of whose fault the mistake is attributed to.

Or, if you are nervous about going to the store, send a letter like DX said, along with a cheque for the amount and a full apology. Do NOT send cash in the letter.

Thank you for that I think I shall send a short note seeing I was banned which was given because I wanted the police there and explained that has been dealt with.

Not sure its write to aplogise it was not my fault but the cashier didnt admit her mistake if only she admitted the error on her part this situation wouldnt of arisen .

The over payment would of been refunded at the till or when she came into office , thats when I shouted to her to be honest but I do understand it was a mistake on her part but to be put through this is totally unessasary .

The lettter will be done tonight unless anyone has any other input or advice , but Im happy to refund the over payment which an over payment , doubt ill ever get the cashier apoligising .

Thank you for your advise also.