dprice999

Used Car Major Problems No Warranty Where Do I Stand Legally ?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2471 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I'm new to the forum so I hope I can get some help and advice here.

My story is about used car sales and I'm sure my questions appear on many forums across the internet

but I was told this was the best forum for straight up honest and more importantly FACTUAL info and answers.

I traded in my 2007 estate car for a 2002 4x4 vehicle.

The trade took place at a regular dealership with all the paperwork you would expect, a totally honest genuine swap.

The 4x4 was priced up on the forecourt for £3000 and I was happy to let my estate car go for £3000 so all involved were happy.

I have had the car for 5 weeks and have had nothing but problems,

the first was a water leak, a nightmare but easy fix and as I hadn't spent £millions on the car I kind of expected minor issues.

The next problem was a fuel leak (perished seal on the top of the fuel tank) dumping fuel all over the floor when tank was filled,

again I am very reasonable and guessed that in the world of cheaper 2nd hand cars there would be issues.

BUT now a major component has gone and the 4x4 is broken!

The 4 wheel drive system has broken (I don't know all the technical terms).

My issue is this:

the paperwork I have reads SOLD AS STRAIGHT SWAP, NO WARRANTY.

Where do I stand legally ?????

I have owned the car for 5 weeks and according to the paperwork and current clocks I have covered 1055 miles.

Can I take the car back ?

Can I get my money back or demand the dealer covers the costs ??

Please help.

dprice999

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

BTW what year and make of 4 x 4 is it? Some of them have inherent faults that show up after a few years. Either way SOGA is your best friend, but do not do any further repairs at this point.

Thanks for help so far !! more advise always welcome. The make and model is a Landrover Freelander 2002. I have been on to Citizens Advise and they seem to think I am in the RIGHT so im chuffed with that, I have spoken to "number 2" at the garage that I got the car from and he isnt interested BUT "number 1" is going to call me tomorrow so we will see !!! I think the SOGA is the way to go too because warranty or no warranty if you spend £3000 on a car I think you should get more than 1055 miles before it falls apart !!!

Thanks again for help, please any info that might help me is welcome