suspension and disciplinary hearing

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4114 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys, Im just new on here and was looking for some advice. I was suspended 4 weeks ago pending further investigation.

6/12/12 Ifell ill, I declined the ambulance as there was no need for me to attendhospital and I felt safer and more comfortable attending the surgery of my ownphysician. I was told the ambulance was mandatory and I had to go with them. Whichis why I said I went to hospital, I was scared that I was going to get intotrouble for not going after being told it was mandatory. During theinvestigatory meeting I felt pressured and ganged up on which is why I toldthem what they wanted to hear. I am not a dishonest person, I was afraid ofwhat would happen if I declined the ambulance. (I was re-assured by theparamedics)

A few daysbefore the events of the 6th, I found out that one of my goodfriends had been going behind my back and abusing my trust by not only tellingthings to other member of staff but also but by making sure people in work hadthe wrong idea about me. There has been a rumour flying around the workplacethat I wrote a letter complaining of another staff member using her phone whileworking at her desk. This is untrue as I had no idea the incident had occurred untila few days later and I think this is one of many things which has started thewhole thing.

The reasonI told the girl in question the things Itold her was because if the information I received was in fact true, then Iknew she was going to go running to a certain staff member whom I don’t get onwell with. It turned out the info wascorrect, however I was trying to resolve a problem outside of work by usingthis to my advantage and to make sure I kept it out of the workplace as I didn’twant it affecting my job. My former manager taught me to control my emotions and helped methrough a lot of things last year. I was not about to throw that back in herface by bringing a personal matter into work. (Even though the girl took itupon herself to do so) I made the wrong judgement call by telling her anythingat all and I will admit that. But I still maintain that what I told her was alie as I was trying to resolve a problem I had with another staff member and Itried to do so outside of work so I could at least keep both my personal and worklives separate.

I feel thatthe treatment of this matter has been dealt with wrongly and I have not beenable to prove my side of things. This has happened because I was denied myright to have a union rep present in the 1st meeting which led theHR woman to feel she could talk to me any way she pleased and that includedbadgering / harassing me for info when I knew nothing about the meeting takingplace or had the chance to prepare any sort of statement for it. Theinvestigatory meeting resulted in my being suspended when there had been noinvestigation at that point and the managers responsible for the suspensionwere basing their facts on hearsay and not true facts or events. This hasresulted in me losing my bonus for the quarter, left me in fear of my job andnot wanting to come back to that department. I have been left embarrassed, severelystressed out and on the verge of depression. I was told that I was not allowedto speak to other members of work regarding the issue, but my sister works for mywork, does that therefore mean I cannot speak to my own sister re the matter??

I have workedfor them for almost three years now. Ienjoy my job and used to enjoy coming to work until I felt bullied to a pointwhere people were talking and laughing about my behind my back making me feel uncomfortable.I treat every customer I deal with, with respect and how I would like to betreated myself. To be told that I cannot be trusted with customers and theiraccounts on a daily basis as a result of the recent allegations is insulting tosay the least due to the fact it has never been investigated properly andpeople just jumped to silly conclusions without giving me chance to defendmyself.

This is the important stuff which has come into question resulted in my suspension. Really sorry for the long thread but could someone please help me??

Thanks Munchkin x

Sorry, I had sever bleeding and extreme pain when I went to the bathroom so an ambulance was called and I refused it as I was on my own and wanted to get to my boyfriends work so he could take me and to ensure I did not create a scene thats how it all started. the next day a girl I work with complained about me and said I was faking the whole thing so Ive been suspended pending investigation.

ok. points to note

- there is no right to be accompanied at an investigatory meeting, so you have been denied nothing

- I still have no clue what you are accussed of. Faking illness? If you can;t prove you were ill - then I don't know what else you expect to happen?

I can't see anything you say that suggests you have been bullied. I see a lot of stuff that sounds like childish gossip any manager could not be bothered to give time to, however. all the he said/ she said stuff? Childish. Evidence what has been going on, or put up with it.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!