UpsetandSkint

HSBC are charging me £45 for direct debit OD's!! - what!!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2461 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I recently checked my internet banking account and HSBC are charging me £45 for Direct Debit overdrawals. I certainly did not overdraw the money but it was unexpected. It's ridiculous that they are charging me just because I was about £25 over?

I am currently umemployed due to being a full time mother and on benefits (I am currently looking for a job). I cannot really afford to pay that £45 charge!

There is a cap on charges banks can make for things like this - I'm quite sure it's something like £12

no just a recommendation

anyway you are on benefits

and they are levying unlawful charges under BCOBS thats a NONO

send them this:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?353395-Letter-to-send-if-you-are-being-charged-bank-fees-whilst-on-benefits

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

There is a cap on charges banks can make for things like this - I'm quite sure it's something like £12

I'm afraid that there is no cap. The cap is for credit card charges - not bank charges.

However I am surprised at this level of charge. Can you check it again please.

You should write to your bank - not on the phone - sending them a letter of appropriation

I can't use the phone anyway and I do not have one single credit card. It is definitely £45 they are charging me for between 26th November and 26th December. All because of Direct Debits. If this does not get resolved, I will be hauling my ass to Citizen's Advice Bureau. I just moved houses as well and already struggling to pay the bills, get food in (even tho my parents are great with this) and on top of it, pay direct debit i.e tv license, virgin media and mobile phone (need mobile phone to text)

send the letter from the link it post 3

it has worked before

dx

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

Ok. I did go to the bank and asked for the charges to be removed.Sadly they refused even though I told them I am on benefits. They have took the charges and I have emailed them with a letter and the links you have given me (copied and pasted what was typed)

Edited by UpsetandSkint2

Lloyds used to charge me something ridiculous like £30 for that amount that was a good few years back.

They recently charged me £10 for the DD being bounced back (they said if we "lent" you the extra amount the charges would have been more. However, it would have been £12 borrowed so dont know if they would have been more or not!)

£45 is asbolutely insane "the world's local bank" yeh right!

I went all the way to court to seek compensation for "damage to creditworthiness" against HSBC. I lost unfortunately.

Worlds Local Bank = Yes = pity they closed the Those special Hospitals, then moved them all into HSBC!!!!

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

I dont know what its charges must be abroad. Probably charges you for using a UK card abroad?!

Won't ever experience that, never go back to them. Tsb all the way for me!

I went all the way to court to seek compensation for "damage to creditworthiness" against HSBC. I lost unfortunately.

£15 per overdraws from Direct Debit. So that makes it a total of 3. They have asked me to go in tomorrow...HOW?! They flippin' took £45 off me which could have been meant for food! I have zero, zilch, nada in my bank account! Cheeky fks!

I do not drive, cars are too expensive. Don't have a license anyways. Buses for me are not cheap. £4.25 for a daytripper!

p'haps you are targetting the wrong people

goto the CEO

i can ASSURE YOU

the letters DO WORK

and they sit up and beg rather quickly.

dx

spreadsheets 

Hiya. Some good news :-D They have refunded my charges back! I am so so so so happy!!!!!!

What did you submit/say? Did they give a reason?

If you got this in writing please do keep it, you might need it again. It is quite common with them. They will offer you something, then months later try to pull the plug like they did with me.