CDF (Career Development Finance) not showing on my credit report

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3487 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I signed up for Train 4 Trade Skills early 2011 and they used CDF to pay for the course, I am in the process of trying to cancel the course and the payments ands maybe get a refund... thats a different matter to what I want to know in this thread.

I checked my credit report and there is no evidence of CDF or Train 4 Trade Skills on it. Now what I want to know: If I cancel the monthy standing order, CDF chase me for the money and probably go to a DCA, will it then be applied to my credit file? also what could happen if I just refuse to pay?

A CCJ from many years ago has recently been removed from my file and I am 6 months away from having the last default removed, so my main concern here is making sure my credit file doesn't get tarnished again.

Any help will greatly be appreciated.

Many thanks

Paul

Sorry I forgot to mention this, I used the site checkmyfile.com. So they use equifax, callcredit and experian. I also requested a seperate experian report before I used checkmyfile and there is nothing about CDF on any of them.

Sorry I forgot to mention this, I used the site checkmyfile.com. So they use equifax, callcredit and experian. I also requested a seperate experian report before I used checkmyfile and there is nothing about CDF on any of them.

The trouble with sites that garner data from other sites it may well already be out of date by the time you see it.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Get a ''proper'' credit report from Equifax and or Experian I have often wondered is ''selectivity'' is used on the data supplied to these general agncies.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Yes that will do it is important to have a report with ''1st hand information for your own peace of mind.

I can only think that this company may only report if there is a problem, utility companies do this for example.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

With reference to CDF I can hereby inform you ( as this has just happened to me and I took the Trade4Skills plumbing Course back 6 years ago now here comes the interesting part )1 week before the 6 year dead line before the debt can be eradicated due to the time scale, I received a letter from County Courts Northampton to say that Cabot Financial was applying for a CCJ on behalf of Career Development Finance, this didn't help me as I had just moved house when this came about, needless to say that when I checked my credit report with Noodles.co.uk there was indeed a default from Cabot Financial quoting my IP********* (account number issued by CDF) and now it also has a CCJ followed by same number, and there is nothing I can do about, the best bit is I never even got as far as starting the first module in the plumbing course, I went to Chessington for the interview at Trade4Skills and got no further than that yet I got stung for £3630, so the story is you wont see anything there for another 3 years yet then it will just appear

With reference to CDF I can hereby inform you ( as this has just happened to me and I took the Trade4Skills plumbing Course back 6 years ago now here comes the interesting part )1 week before the 6 year dead line before the debt can be eradicated due to the time scale, I received a letter from County Courts Northampton to say that Cabot Financial was applying for a CCJ on behalf of Career Development Finance, this didn't help me as I had just moved house when this came about, needless to say that when I checked my credit report with Noodles.co.uk there was indeed a default from Cabot Financial quoting my IP********* (account number issued by CDF) and now it also has a CCJ followed by same number, and there is nothing I can do about, the best bit is I never even got as far as starting the first module in the plumbing course, I went to Chessington for the interview at Trade4Skills and got no further than that yet I got stung for £3630, so the story is you wont see anything there for another 3 years yet then it will just appear

Are you sure Cabot were acting on behalf of CCF, they are a debt purchaser?

Did try to do anything about the CCJ?