Witness Intimidation plus Ex Employer Lying

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3985 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am due to start my hearing, in a few days.

I was assaulted by my employers and have had months of intimidation and have found out my witnesses are being threatened too. The police are investigating.

I think I now have definitive proof of ex employer's lies, plus proof of extreme criminal intimidation.

My question is... do I tell the ET this now? Do I wait until I'm in Court next week? And also, what is likely to happen? What penalties can my ex employer face?

Also, last night, I was phoned by their solicitor, saying, basically, if I continued, not only would I have to pay costs, but they'll get to see all my medical records. I actually felt like that was another threat. In what circumstances can they have complete access to medical records?

(This is separate post from a previous question I asked months ago and would like it kept separate please.)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello again.

Threats about costs are usually just that, threats. But I expect the guys will be along to comment later.

I don't see how they could access all your medical records. Before they can see anything, you have to sign an Access to Medical Records form. Even then, I thought they could only see information that is relevant to the case, not your life history.

And before any report goes back, I believe you are able to see it and suggest changes to your GP.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

That's brilliant honeybee13 and what I was hoping.

Hello again btw :)

Been a hell of a few months and because so close to hearing, not going into detail, but when it's over... I reckon I should write the movie! :)

Is it a final hearing next week? If so, their chance to see your records has long passed!

You need to obtain the police incident numbers and any records the police will allow you access to ASAP to show the intimidation. The tribunal will take a very dim view of that!

Becky2585 Fantastic! Thank you :) I have all police records, pictures of smashed Windows, break-ins, emails, detective names etc. I gathered as much as I could.

They already have about 50 letters from gp and psych about disability, which they didn't accept until judge told them they'd better because they were looking silly.

I won't go into the phonecall last night, but it shook me.

Plus, they haven't provided me with one single thing I've asked for, or any evidence at all and I have.

Calam

Already done. Which is why I think I got last nights phonecall.

A couple of pieces are on their way, but I told them exactly what's in them, names, numbers, dates, officer names, exact details and yesterday, said if ET would like other side to have extra time, to look at them, then that's good with me, as I need time to put in security system to be able to leave house, plus another thing.

I didn't have actual piece of paper, as police took months to get me the information.

Well you're doing everything right, which will reflect well on you!

Is it a solicitor acting for the respondent, or one of these consultancy type places? Their representation sounds poor and borderline abusing process...

Respondents are millionaires. They sacked one massive firm and hired another and now on 3rd legal person within that firm.

I don't know why, but I think it's because they think I might win. I flippin' hope so!

I was very unhappy with the phonecall last night, but will go into that, to help others, once this is over.

Calam

Sounds like they are very worried. If theywere confident, they'd wait until the hearing

CAG has helped me so much since I joined. Based on what I have learnt from others on here and my own experiences, I try to chip in and help others from time to time. I am not an expert and give my opinion only. Always check with the more experienced CAG members before making important decisions.

:-)

Just had crap first day. Judge said, unless one of them actually signs confession and it's handed to him, that the intimidation is irrelevant. I am paraphrasing.

The Judge seemed really annoyed that I was slow and didn't have witnesses. But I tried to explain, that they were scared. So far, not looking brilliant.

Tomorrow, different judge. I pray to goodness they're nice 'cos respondents have not told the truth on anything.

They changed first day to another CMD.

It's been hell today. Spent all day in witness box and back in tomorrow.

You just have to sit there, being ripped apart, and hear lie after lie.

Do you know whether I can choose the order that their witnesses go in?

It's up to the Respondent to call witnesses in whichever order they please, so unfortunately you will just have to wait and see who they want to go first.

Being "ripped apart" is all part of cross examination. Don't forget you also get your turn to retaliate!

Btw, quick question, the respondents have just asked to put somebody completely inappropriate on the stand (will explain afterwards why so inappropriate). Am I allowed to address this individual and say, I'm sorry that you've been brought into this?

You need to couch it as a question.

Usually, but it depends on the judge :) some judges might show sympathy! I went to a tribunal recently where my client essentially ended up in a semi emotional conversation with the unrepresented respondent who was supposed to be cross examining him!

Other judges wouldn't tolerate any deviation from procedure, though. It's a judgment call.