• Tweets

• yes VERY only the police/council can fine you for parking by issuing a Penalty Charge Notice   if you look carefully, you'll see this is a private Parking Company and a Parking Charge Notice... in all effect - a speculative invoice for breaking some imaginary contract you entered into by using the payment machine. NOT A FINE.   sadly, as I think you've now realised, YOU DO NOT EVER APPEAL in 9/10 cases. as you've shot yourself in the foot by identifying yourself as the driver and lost any protection you had under the Protection Of Freedom Act [POFA] by doing so.   please complete this:   and scan up to ONE multipage PDF ONLY the NTK and any other communications to/from PE.   lastly STOP EVER RINGING AND USING EMAIL WITH THESE FLEECERS or THEIR DOGS. writing ONLY  from now on.    
    • No I did not confirm the site as I do not know which site it was. It was the first (and last ) time I had travelled on that road and I paid what I thought was the correct fee. I have been through every stage of this and still end up paying £425.50! This is extortion! I would now gladly pay the £2.50 again if they would allow it. I already paid £6. If you read Bailiff advice's post he has found a website that may be the one used as my bank statement states Bristol in the transaction and this website is owned by someone in that area (albeit a private home when googled). I will do my damnedest to get this money back and am seeing legal advise. If the original money has been taken then it is theft.
    • HI Sorry to say I'm back again with this one that I hoped might have gone away. It seems not.    I have today received a claim form which I've attached. Also I have attached the terms and conditions from the car park and the Claim Particulars.  A   ny advice on what to do please? I have not corresponded with VCS in any way. There is no evidence that I was the driver that I am aware of. There are no photos on their website other than of my car.   Thank you.      
    • What you needed to do was apply to have it set aside. Such an application needs to be made “promptly”.   You can expect that they’ll oppose such an application, and that gives them grounds to do so. Given that you are now 6+ months down the line from when you started posting about a set aside : they have a valid argument.
    • Unless I've missed it I don't think you have confirmed which site you paid the crossing charge to. It seems likely that you inadvertently paid the DartCharge to a 'look alike' site that isn't the official Dartford Crossing payment page. In that case your 'proof of payment' would not, unfortunately, be proof of payment to Highways England because you didn't pay Highways England,. You paid someone else who isn't authorised to receive money on behalf of Highways England.
  • Our picks

spamheed

Cap one PPI and now charges??

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2472 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

So I approached Cap One prior to xmas with a claim on PPI misselling, I reckoned about £100 + interest + 8%, they've offered £90+interest+8%, close enough as not to matter.

I have checked all of the statements for this account and there is about £400 in late charges and overlimit charges, ranging from £15, £18 and £20 and dated as far back as 2004.

Question: given that this card is long closed and settled, would it be prudent to accept the PPI offer and then go after the charges refund once the cheque has cleared, would they be likely to concede charges as easily as they have PPI?

Hope this helps

If you feel that this site has helped you in any way please leave a donation if you can afford to do so.

If you feel that have been helpful please feel free to tip the scales.

The large print giveth, but the small print taketh away. ~Tom Waits, Small Change

Please note: i am not a qualified lawyer, any advice is offered in good faith and is based on my own and others experiences and a penchant for research and a desire to help others to empower themselves

cap1 are a diff one to judge

they have just recently coughed on charges

without a fight.

before they were defending.

as the PPI is a sep claim anyhow, it makes no odds what you do with it now.

just beaware that charges passed 6yrs old, unless they add significate worth to a claim

might be better forgotten about as they would p'haps prevent a quick refund

if included within 6yrs stuff..if you get my drift..

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets