ESA appeal and my Dr giving me Un/Fit Note

missy2006
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4044 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry if this has been answered but i cant find it. When they send me the news ive failed to get enough points which they will, the GL24 form i think its called. When i fill out this form where it says put any other things on a separate piece of paper do i have to write it out or can it be typed out and printed. My writing isnt the best and as i get more annoyed my writing gets more unreadable.

Thanks for any replies.

missy2006:

Your choice, so long as it's signed.

It is a GL24 form and you can print one from the internet.

Make sure your name and National Insurance Number are on any extra sheets.

Margaret.

Edited by **Margaret**

thank you very much Starryeyes52 for your reply. i will no doubt be asking my local CAB for help once i receive the letter but i wanted to know if i could print any correspondence rather than writing it all out.

I think it's better printed, well in my case anyway! I think a lot faster than I write so my handwriting looks like a drunk spider dipped in ink has lurched across the page, in my case I sent printed copies as well as handwritten to avoid any mistakes.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

My writing isnt the best and as i get more annoyed my writing gets more unreadable.

Tell me about it, mine is the same. When I got my ESA50 I was so annoyed I filled it in the same day, by the time I had finished I was really angry and it was an absolute mess. I really went off on one filling every bit of blank space on the form with details of my ailments, even telling them i get upset filling out stupid forms, and angry when in pain. In the part for medication and what the side effects are i put "you already know what med's I am on, I've told you at every medical (was on IB from its inception), and you should know more than me about the side effects".

I was going to send it off straight away, but waited a few days, and then looked at it again. I decided to leave it as it was other than the bit about medication; where I just put copies of scrips in, and under side effects I put that i wasn't sure of all, but I did know they made me sweat and unable to operate machinery.

Only problem was I forgot to make a copy, but I did get a reasonable decision.

I think the DWP have people who can read illegible handwriting; after all they understand doctors' reports, and they read the DLA applications I did for my wife and myself (admittedly they weren't as bad as my ESA50).

I think the DWP have people who can read illegible handwriting; after all they understand doctors' reports, and they read the DLA applications I did for my wife and myself (admittedly they weren't as bad as my ESA50).

To be honest, if the only thing wrong with a form or letter is that it's hard to read, I (when I was a processor) would count that as a good day at the office. Some of the letters I had to look at smelled like they'd been used to line the cat litter tray.

Seriously, though, typed is appreciated by the staff.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

One stupid question was can you set an alarm clock i just put on the form what kind of a stupid question is that id end up throwing the thing at the wall.Why don't they just give the real reason they want people off DLA and the like, they just want to save the extra money people get. there are no jobs for the fully fit never mind jobs for people who know they are not able to work be it them being disabled or suffer Mental Health Problems.

Anyway, yes feel free to type away. And don't forget you don't need to enclose all your evidence with the GL24. Just fill out the basics and send it off asap to get the ball rolling. Your supporting evidence can be sent to the Tribunal Service up to one week before the Tribunal date. That gives you several months to sort it out. The important thing is to use the form to register the fact you want an appeal to Tribunal ...

GL24 Download,Why have they made it 24 pages long,cost a fortune in printer Ink !

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Diol1/DoItOnline/DG_4017514

Didn't there use to be a shortened version to download ?

Edited by 45002

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

Set the print option in Adobe acrobat to print just the last four pages as that's all you need.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

Set the print option in Adobe acrobat to print just the last four pages as that's all you need.

Yes,forgot about that :-D

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

• 4 months later...

Sorry if this on the forum but i cant find it. I had my ATOS Medical on the 30th August 2012 and a month later i received the apparently normal response of you have failed the medical you only got 9 points. After a lot of hassle i received the letter with all the lies the so called medical expert said, as i had secretly recorded the medical so i knew exactly what i said to her.

Obviously i have Appealed that decision and have sent it into the relevant people and iam still awaiting their decision. Sorry for being long-winded but in September i had to get my Dr to sign me one of these new Un/Fit Note things which he did. All that he put on the note was Appealing, and the date. he didn't put anything regarding how long this note would last. all it had on was 13/52 whatever that means and this lasted until the 29th December 2012 as that was when i received another letter from the DWP stating i had to send another Un/Fit Note by a specific time.

I got another Un/Fit Note from my Dr again all he put was Appealing and another weird thing something like 26/52 where he should have put the time the Un/Fit Note lasted. I sent it to the DWP.Yesterday i received a letter from the DWP stating they have not received the Un/Fit Note. I have phoned them up this morning asking if they had received the note and they said they had but it has been Declined because my Dr hadn't put down what was wrong with me and they said i had to get back in touch with the Dr and say he had to put something else in other than just Appealing as that wasnt good enough.

I phoned my Dr who stated well people who are Appealing i just put Appealing in as that is what you are doing. He then told me to get back in touch with the DWP and tell them what he said and also to give them his number to phone. So again i phoned up the DWP stating what my Dr said and they said its not in our policy to phone people's Dr's up and told me to get back in touch with my Dr stating this which i did.

Ive just had him on the phone and he said i have been doing it this way for over a year but i said the DWP will not pay my money if you dont put something other than He is Appealing in his Un/Fit Note to which he wasnt going to change it as he said to me the ATOS people have stated your fit for work so i cant put the Depression/Anxiety/Suicidal Thoughts that i suffer from on the Un/Fit Note. I said i wont get paid if you don't which to be honest he couldn't give a crap by the sound of his voice. I said to him if iam fit for work why have you still got me on the 2nd highest dose that you can give a patient if you thought i was fit for work, to which he said its not for me to say your fit for work its the DWP. after a few minutes of me getting more annoyed and me moaning he said he's give me a new Un/Fit Note and put on a new Un/Fit Note that i was Appealing and he would put Depression on and i could only get it this coming Friday,as i was talking he slammed the phone down on me.

Sorry for this very long and boring post but i just wanted to vent my anger and i knew the people on here would put me right on things like, my Dr is correct or he is wrong in what he says regarding his filling in of any Un/Fit Note that he does.

In the years I processed ESA I never once came across a med cert that read "Appealing". I don't know what rules GPs follow when issuing certs so I can't say he's "wrong" as such, but he's certainly behaving very strangely. Yes, the DWP has said it considers you fit for work on the basis of your ATOS assessment, but the whole point of the appeal is that you are arguing that they've made the wrong decision.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Thank you both for your replies its exactly what i thought. Thats what i said to him on the phone that iam Appealing the ATOS decision, so the problems i have still stand but all he had to say was the DWP have found you fit for woek so i cant put down the things you were down for in the first place. He insisted that is what he has done for people Appealing for over a year.Again he slammed the phone down on me which i found very unprofessional.

Strange Doctor. I've failed ATOS and the Tribunal twice and am still on the ESA assessment rate. For over four years my GP has patiently written (un)fit notes every three months. She puts on what is wrong with me. Never 'appealing'. Even though I am. ;)

Odd date system as well, using the week numbers of the year. Is he, by any chance, quite elderly?

No not really he id say was just in his fifties mid fifties.The last time i saw him i dont know how i didnt jump over the desk and throttle him as he was absolutely useless. He must be one of these Dr's that think once you have failed the ATOS medical he doesnt have to do anything else for you.

13/52.......he has signed you off for 13 weeks...26/52 26 weeks sign off. My Gp is a young woman and she does everything date wise like that :)

Lillibelle

I only know what I know cos I know it,I only give advice,I'm not legally trained nor do I pretend to be.

Yes but apparently they are all the same and as i don't like going out much it takes a lot for me to go to the doctors for anything. if iam really bad with the flu i don't bother going i just weather it out.

Yes but apparently they are all the same and as i don't like going out much it takes a lot for me to go to the doctors for anything. if iam really bad with the flu i don't bother going i just weather it out.

Put in a complaint to the practice manager. Then follow the complaints process through to the PCT if necessary. Find some info on the number of decisions being overturned, and that GP's need to make their own decisions on whether someone is fit for work or not and write fit notes accordingly.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop