• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Tooth fairy ndr nightmare

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4054 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

My other half took out a loan for £400 on the 26/11/12 and has defaulted on the payment,northern debt collection no have the acc and say the balance is now £1058??

They say if I pay today they will settle for £800 or £100 a month for 9 months.they have added £350 for legal & collection fees.

Where do I stand with them,do I agree or tell them no.

Thanks

Bigboj

Hi tinkerbell

I've already offered them the £400 plus 1months interest but they say no and will keep adding charges

I'm just a bit worried that it is going to be a couple of grand if I try and fight them

Thanks

Bigboj

Agree with Tinkerbell. However they've really upp'd their game... My £400 loan was taken out loooong before 26/11/12 and I supposively owe £2499! So how over 1k in practically 6 weeks is even possible I don't know! Would never stand up in court I'm sure!

Well i'll eat my hat if they think they'll have all of that!

Be prepared to have "Marshall Hoares Bailiffs" start sending you "Threat-o-grams" which are full of s***e and in most cases breach OfT guidelines. They are also NOT bailiffs.

[sVIEW][/sVIEW]

I'll let some more experienced CAGGERS comment on the best advice with these imbeciles... But don't be at all worried by them. Also be prepared to have your partners Credit Rating on Call Credit smashed to bits. That's the only agency they list on.

This is how I spend most of my life :ranger:

In order for a Court to make a decision if you actually owe the money they claim you owe they have to tell the Court one amount, seeing how they change the amount allegedly owed often several times a day there is zero chance a Court would take them serious.

So no, they won't ever take you to Court, so no need to fear that at least.

All you owe is original loan amount plus 1 month interest plus initial default fee minus any payment already made.The rest is all unenforceable fantasy charges.

Now with any normal company you would simply contact them and negotiate a payment plan, but don't bother with this company, success rate is less than 0.1%.

Just pay them whatever you can easily afford whenever you can until the amount actually owed is paid off and not a single penny more.

You will also have to make sure they don't help themselves.

Report the card provided in the application as stolen / lost, so they can't just hammer it randomly.

Also make sure the Bank cancels all CPAs for them, you'll have to go to the Banks branch and demand that the branch manager signs a paper that says the Bank has to cancel all CPAs for this Company any anyone acting on their behalf.

That way should the lender then raid your account you can hold the bank responsible.

Thanks for all the advice

I think the biggest problem I'm am facing is the fact that they will trash her credit file and then will not be able to get any mainstream credit for six years.

She only has 1 default and that drops off at the end of the month.

Feels a bit like blackmail pay up or you can't get credit for six years

Thanks

Bigboj

• 4 weeks later...

I stupidly got into the payday trap, but all other lenders have been reasonable, giving you options and someone to talk to. Toothfairy are bullies, they never respond to emails and calls, they are the worst loan firm ever. Please anyone reading this, never ever ever go near them.

This tooth fairy are nasty people. there is no way of contacting them, all they do is send email which you cant reply to, text you can return the call to. My sister took what she thought was 100 loan, 400 went into her account. Then she lost her job, she now owes 1500 in just 3 moths all from that 400.00. they should be struck off BULLIES.

They also refused to talk to her debt management company too. I have told me sister to keep every auto response from not being able to reply to them, every text, every letter. If goes to court Im sure they can't win.

They are evil! I am putting aside what I can afford to pay them each month, have emailed them and written to them plenty of times now saying I am willing to pay back my original loan, plus one months interest and one default fee but they refuse to acknowledge it. I now put it into my ISA until they see reason and have just lodged a complaint about them. I seriously believe they will eventually lose their licence given the many ways they break the law!

Toothfairy and speedcredits parent company already lost their licence. Theyre now operating under a different company but same trading names.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 4 weeks later...

Well since posting my Sister was 1500 debt with Tooth fairy, they are still not speaking with her debt company, she is still unemployed. I have written to the Prime Minister also the Trading standards also the local courts, and told him all about the bullying, all the interest and that the bill has gone from £472 to a NOW £2,300. If more people write to him and the other places complaining about this company they could shut them down or get some sort of order with them. The argument we had was my Sister opted for 100.00 and their internet system does jump it to £400 before you even know it, I tried it myself to see, and video the whole thing start to finish. We also had to get the house number, and mobile number changed because of the messages the bailiff was sending, it has got to 30 a day. again thats all recorded visually

Get complaints to ofcom oft and fos. this co pany is in the process of being closed down and the main owner has already gone into hiding and got a friend to manage the companies.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I've had the fos write to them and they still won't reduce the amount below £800 and still believe all the charges are fair.

Well toothfairy / ndr & Appleton Massey can kiss my butt because I intend to fight this all the way!

Bigboj

Then you need to keep the FOS on their backs. Don't give in. They are ignoring them because they know they havent got a chance in hell at keeping their licence, so they are doing everything they can to extort money.

Hi guys sorry to high jack ur thread but my partner is in the same position. We are being hounded by ndr/Marshall hoare and appleton massey for a loan that was originally £200 which is now up to £714 I have sent them numours amounts of emails offering them the most we can afford worked out on a prorata basis but they are refusing to accept it saying he needs to send income and exp. wage slips, household bills and a letter from his boss. Can they really ask for this or is a simple buget form enough. At our wits end dont know what eles we can do. I have kept every bit of correspondence from them and what we've sent. Any help / advice would be so gratefully received. Again sorry for jumpin in xx

Ignore their silly demands and the amounts they claim you owe.