Ex-employer only provided e-payslips so no proof of income.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3896 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My ex-employer never used to provide me payslips printed in official stationary. They used to provide them electronically to my company's email account, to which I don't have access anymore.

These electronic payslips are not accepted as proof of income by banks and govt. agencies.

I contacted them to provide me the payslips in company headed paper or stamp and sign them. So I can use them as proof of income. However, they are not replying to my email and their HR seems unreachable over the phone.

I really need these to prove my income of the period I worked for them and cannot do without them.

I only worked their for 6 months during 2011-2012, so they only need to print 6 payslips. I also informed them in my email that, if there's a reasonable amount service charge to produce these payslips in company headed paper, I will pay that.

I would really appreciate your advice.

Write to then in paper and ask for a printed copy. They should have kept a copy of all corporate emails.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

Write to then in paper and ask for a printed copy. They should have kept a copy of all corporate emails.

I already emailed them more than once and rang and tried to talk their HR. The didn't reply to my email and the receptionist on the phone didn't connect me to HR. I wonder if it'll make any difference if I write to them on paper. They can very simply do a search on emails and print the attachments on letterhead, whole process shouldn't take more than 10-15 mins TBH.

I'm really worried as if they don't provide them, I'll be in deep problem. I never thought this would be such a big problem, otherwise I'd have made them print while I was working there.

Hello there.

Would this information be on your tax return at all? I wonder if HMRC might be able to help.

My best, HB

These income will be on tax returns i.e. P60 or Employment History. However I need to have proof of income for only certain months. HMRC papers may be used as proof of income of the whole tax year and won't contain month by month breakdown.

Hello again.

I haven't done a tax return recently, but I thought you had to declare each source of income separately?

HB

My accountant did it last time (in 2010). I gave him original payslips and bank statements. I stopped working as self employed after that so I don't know what are the requirements now.

You can get replacement paper slips if you have a record of what you were paid etc. So even if they wont provide them on paper then get the electronic ones and pay for a company to reproduce them, there are loads available out there

You can get replacement paper slips if you have a record of what you were paid etc. So even if they wont provide them on paper then get the electronic ones and pay for a company to reproduce them, there are loads available out there

But are they going to be accepted as valid proof of income by UKBA?

But are they going to be accepted as valid proof of income by UKBA?

Yes they will be accepted, there is no law surrounding what you get them to print, you could state whatever wages you wanted.

As long as they are representative of teh ones provided on email you will be fine

• 7 months later...

My friend is applying for his Visa extension with Home Office and home office want all his payslips on company headed paper. His employer gave him ordinary A4 sheet paper WITHOUT company details. Is there any EMPLOYMENT LAW which will make his employer to print all his payslips in company headed paper?

david

The above url DOES NOT say that the payslip should be in Employer's letter headed paper.

So, I assume employer has no legal obligation to give his salary slip in his letter headed paper.

My friend's employer does not agree to give his payslips in letter headed paper - don't know what to do.

The above url DOES NOT say that the payslip should be in Employer's letter headed paper.

So, I assume employer has no legal obligation to give his salary slip in his letter headed paper.

My friend's employer does not agree to give his payslips in letter headed paper - don't know what to do.

Yes, that was kind of my point. So has he got a P60?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!