squizzz

squizzz / Help with inaccurate Valuation fee needed.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2474 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

£505 Payment for inaccurate Valuation

After a successful 'decision in principle' I went ahead and paid the valuation fee of £505.

A copy of the valuation was sent to me together with a greatly reduced offer on the basis of the valuation and affordability.

The valuer had decided my property was worth 230k rather than the 270k offer I had received in 2011. Also that rental income was £900. I have been receiving £1295 since May 2011. Before that £995, £1050 from 2009. I have all the evidence to back up these figures.

This £505 valuation report was only one brief page and then he put terraced bungalow when it is actually a semi.

Before they did the DIP I had disclosed all relevant information, e.g. what debts I have. So I was confident that how much I was offered would be based on the valuation. The ensuing offer is £30k below what I need to cover the present mortgage.

I have therefore paid out £505 in good faith only to be told that I can only borrow 160k, much less than the 192k mortgage I currently have.

I have spoken to the broker who says there is nothing to be done. It seems that I have paid an excessive cost for an inaccurate survey and I am £505 out of pocket, under the impression that I had passed the financial test. This seems grossly unfair

Is there anything I can do?

Thanks for reading this.

Edited by squizzz

Hello and Welcome,

I've moved this thread to a more appropriate Forum, hopefully you'll get some help shortly.

Regards,

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert