One Call Insurance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3625 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have looked for anything posted on this company couldn't find it so posted here.

I recently took out a car insurance with this company using a comparitive site. Nightmare!

Purchased a car with arranged seven day insurance cover. 30th Dec-5th Jan. Looking for cover from 6th

I received my proposal form from One Call Insurance which stated that although it was noted that I had another vehicle that I didn't have another insurance. Called them, informed of the inaccuracy "that's fine, no problem just sign". I said, "Don't sign anything that's not correct". They said, "so you want it altered". You'll have to phone another department, can't put you through". Not happy.

Next day full payment taken from my account. I havn't signed the proposal form or produced any required documentation.

Phone again, this was a repetition of earlier conversation so said, "Cancel please". Ignored.

NIGHTMARE, NIGHTMARE, NIGHTMARE!!!!

Check the website for cancellation procedure. 14 day cooling off but will lose £49.00 for the paperwork. Have to telephone for form to cancel. Call first request Form, madness. One Call closed until Monday. Try sending an email.

I was covered to drive the car as had a temporary 7 day cover note. Arranged insurance via RAC to continue from this date.

Monday-phone One Call. Repeat of previous conversations. Form please, so you want to cancel, yes please. There willl be a £49.00 cancellation fee - I hold, phone goes dead.

Phone Ombudsman noted complaint passing on to One Call suggest calling the insurer. Very helpful lady in fact wonderful lady. "I'll try and sort it out for you, ring you back".

One hour later, "sorry, you were right, I've got a head ache. No sense at all. Tried explaining that they have never had you on cover. Now they want a copy of RAC from 5th. Told them temporary cover until 6th. Wouldn't listen. All you said was written on their computer but simply would not budge one inch".

Well it looks like there is going to be a fight to get a full refund and I will of course now be claiming expenses.

Any one else had this expeience, any tips welcomed.

TAG

You say the money was taken direct from your bank account? If so, simple. Speak to your bank and demand (not request) the money is returned as it was taken in error. The bank is obliged to return your money and if One Call feel you owe them something they will have to send you a bill. If you don't pay it (and I'm sure you wont), their only legal course of action is a county court small claims claim where they will get stuffed by your evidence. :)

:-DThanks so much for your help crem. It was useful and acted upon immediately. Bank a little difficult but eventually convinced them to request a charge back which was a really good thing because the next day the "cancellation form arrived (by 2nd class post)Required a signature to the amount refunded being now nearly £80 less than paid. (policy £201) Made the call to "One Call", who should definately not use that name, more hair loss. Why did I bother!:madgrin:

One Call-

"The charge is being made because your car has been on cover since 5 January".

Me-

"No, you know that is untrue".:evil:

One Call-

"You havn't cancelled the policy".

Me-

"I most definately have".

One Call

"No you have not attempted to cancel your policy".

Me-

(Sorry folks completely lost control)

"You stupid, stupid girl. Why am I reading from a cancellation form that I obtained from One Call by informing them that I wanted to cancel. I have been in touch with the Ombudsman who noted my desire to cancel days ago". rant :-x

One Call

"i will hang up if you continue to be abusive".

Me-

"Don't care, but be warned I am not paying you any money for being negligent and telling me to sign a form that was inaccurate and a down right lie".

One Call

"Your car has been on cover since the 5 January".

Me-

"That is a bare faced lie because the insurers rang you and informed you that the car had never been on cover. The insurers advised you to refund in full".

One Call

"The records show that your car is still on cover with us".

Me-

"Enough! I'm contacting the Ombudsman".

I got back to my Bank who immediately put me through to the fraud department. Thank God for a logical lady who understood and said that a full refund was in my account and advised me how to respond if there is an attempt to recover all or part of the payment within the next 60 days". The lady was so kind and said that I had probably helped stop thsi firm from continue to act in this manner with other customers. This was all down to crem who gave me the advice. If any One Call employees out there read this please note that I will go to Court if this nonsense continues and I will request costs for my time in trying to sort this out.

Advice to all Caggers think twice before using this firm you'll definately be making more than ONE CALL.

TAG

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible to cancel my cra insurance without being hounded by thiese cowboys, I have only had then sice December, asked for the DD to ben taken on payday-25th but they have taken it on 21st althought they insist that was the correct, I then asked if they could make sure next months on 25th but was told no beacuse account is arrears, it can't be have checked online banking, deposit taken in December for first payment and then this months has gone through, there is also a random £10 DD as well as the insurance, when I phoned today they said I would have to call back on Monday to speak to accounts, I am really not very happy and want to cancel and insure my car elsewhere,my opinion is that they are in breach of contract,can anyone advise me before I call them next week, I am hoping to be armed with the correct imformation when I call them.

Any help would be appreciated

This firm is a nightmare.

I had paid in full but suggest you contact your bank for assistence got my money back in full thanks to advice on here. My bank wasn't helpful to begin with but after I was persistent they were very helpful. Don't want to reveal too much on this site but I would suggest you call them today, explain the situation re taking the D/D wrong date etc.

Just hope your bank is my bank. Believe they are monitoring this company.

Contact the Insurance Ombudsman (financial services ombudsman) they told me to ring the insurance company, name will be on your cover note, they were very helpful.

:-xOh and the latest last week was that One Call rang me agreeing to remove the £49.50 but the balance of approx £30+ had to be paid because the insurers insisted! The insurance company were the ones that had contacted One Call on my behalf to tell them to refund me in full. They were not impressed by One Call and the lady had said that after an hours debate with them she now had a headache.

One Call if you are reading this "I have my money all of it and the bank are monitoring any attempt to take money from my account!":thumb:

Please let me know how you get on. They are sure to wind you up so let off steam on here.

TAG

I insured a car with them a yera ago and they asked for proof of no claims bonus plus some proof of ownership and identity. I duly sent these off in the same envelope. A fortnight later they said they were cancelling the insurance as I hadnt provided proof of no claims bonus. When I queried the arrival of the other documents they said they were satisfactory. pointed out they were in same envelope so must be lost/misfiled in office. They cancelled insurance and when I complaimed they told Ombudsman the postman must have opend the envelope, stole the NCD proof and resealed the envelope before delivering. I got my money back.

Company Registered in Malta, wouldnt ever want to have anything to do with them agaain. They also sell on your details to the ambulance chasers.

One Call Insurance have interesting ownership.. I think the owner also owns Mansfield Town football club.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2042298/Mansfield-CEO-Carolyn-Still--29-agrees-marry-clubs-chairman-John-Radford.html

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Seems a bit like my request to cancel:-

It arrives in the post from One Call and I am told, you havn't attempted to cancel!

Oh and I'm still waiting for the letter from One Call which apparently informed me that they weren't charging me the £49.50. Honestly these postmen! :wink:

TAG

• 1 year later...

One call insurance are a broker not an insurer!

Took out insurance last night via email and got a better deal elsewhere, so emailed one call to cancel! THEY DO NOT ACCEPT CANCELLATION BY EMAIL!! Meanwhile £40 was taken out on my account deposit for the insurance! Finally managed to get through after an hour of calling different number, only to be told that they have a £49 cancellation policy as the documents had been emailed to me! Never had such hassle with insurance before

steer clear of one call!!:mad2: