Check how your MP voted for the Welfare Reform Bill

Dilizjo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4117 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Labour have not stated whether they plan to reverse the Bill which will be a parliamentary Act should they win a majority at the next general election.

Labour wont repeal anything, they are all mouth and trousers, or gobshytes to put it into plain English. They have come up with nothing. Flat nosed Miliband and Fat bellied Balls, what a pair, all they can do is attempt to make political remarks and throw insults.

The 'No more boom and bust' clown brigade.

• Confused 1

Labour wont repeal anything, they are all mouth and trousers, or gobshytes to put it into plain English. They have come up with nothing. Flat nosed Miliband and Fat bellied Balls, what a pair, all they can do is attempt to make political remarks and throw insults.

The 'No more boom and bust' clown brigade.

So now we're political on CAG. Wrong place for making your mouth go. We don't know what will happen when Labour return to Government! Certainly no need for insults.

So now we're political on CAG. Wrong place for making your mouth go. We don't know what will happen when Labour return to Government! Certainly no need for insults.

Agree. This is being used as a Political football by both sides of the argument. State finances in every country including the UK are partly used by governments to help people that may support their party. This will always be the case, whatever they say. Both Labour and Tories are always very reluctant to touch pensioners benefits, as older people are mostly likely to vote. This is why there was a huge argument at the last election, when Labour claimed that the Tories wanted to end pensioners free bus passes, TV licences and winter fuel allowances. You may remember Cameron being very angry about this and this is why the Tories have kept their pledge of maintaining these benefits, even though it costs a lot of money.

It is about spending choices. It currently costs the UK government over £7bn per year to fund higher rate tax relief on pensions. This change to keep benefits rises capped at 1% will only save the government £3.5bn over 4 years.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

labour wont repeal anything, they are all mouth and trousers, or gobshytes to put it into plain english. They have come up with nothing. Flat nosed miliband and fat bellied balls, what a pair, all they can do is attempt to make political remarks and throw insults.

The 'no more boom and bust' clown brigade.

*sigh*

Who is this 'we', the poster has his name clearly displayed on the left.

I will bring this thread up again in a few years when Labour are in power and 'not' reversing any policies.

My MP is IDS, so I think I already know how he voted

You have my sympathy.

Does the name being in that list mean they voted yes? My MP's name is in that list. He did once claim that genuine people have nothing to worry about. Yeah right.

Well my MP, Labour's Margaret Hodge, didn't appear to vote at all. She's always in my local paper highlighting how the poor in her constituency are going to suffer under the new welfare rules. Pity the actions don't live up to the words.

Who is this 'we', the poster has his name clearly displayed on the left.

I will bring this thread up again in a few years when Labour are in power and 'not' reversing any policies.

The UK economy may well be in a worse state in 2015 than it was in 2010, as government debt has been building up. Will hit £1.5 trillion by 2015 and if interest rates go up then these spending changes will be looked upon as generous. At the moment the UK government can make these changes, as interest rates are low, but if you look at what is happening elsewhere in Europe where they are paying 4% or more interest on government debt, they are having to slash benefits. Some analysts are predicting that the UK could be downgraded to A rating from AAA and as a result interest rates may rise by 1% or more. If that happens, then any party in power will be implementing cuts, not spending increases.

I get pretty fed up of both sides picking fights, using people who are just managing to get by. One thing that Liam Byrne said that I agreed with, is that parliament should look at the whole amount of money spent by DWP, to see whether the money can be more fairly distributed. I am not sure that governments over the last 30 years or so have made the best decisions and we have an expensive system to administer that does not deliver to those most in need.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread