UKPC threatening my dead father.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4119 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

My father got an invoice from UKPC for allegedly parking in a disabled space (in a free carpark),

I read through some of the posts here and told him to ignore them, he has since died.

My mother rang them and explained the situation,

they told her to appeal and send them an original death certificate.

My mother has now suggested that she send them the usual letter denying any liability and a photocopy of a certificate, is this a good idea?

I'm not an expert but I would assume that trying to take a dead person to court would take a lot of effort.

Thanks in advance.

hehe

tell them they are more than welcome to try and get him in court!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Please Renya don't send them anything. There is no appeal so don't try. If they continue to hound you and you receive more letters from them, send copies and your story to one of the newspapers

Hi everyone,

My father got an invoice from UKPC for allegedly parking in a disabled space (in a free carpark),

I read through some of the posts here and told him to ignore them, he has since died.

My mother rang them and explained the situation,

they told her to appeal and send them an original death certificate.

My mother has now suggested that she send them the usual letter denying any liability and a photocopy of a certificate, is this a good idea?

I'm not an expert but I would assume that trying to take a dead person to court would take a lot of effort.

Thanks in advance.

Just send their letter back with a photocopy of the death certificate. On their letter, just write on it, that the person the letter was sent to is deceased.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

As above ignore or return any more letters "no longer at this address" you will get approx 6 letters if you read them you will find they get more threatening (desperate)

On the very very rare chance they did try court (approx 1 in 10,000,000 chance) you can have the pleasure of informing the court that they have knowingly issued court paper's with respect to a deceased person, the court will not be happy.

dpick

This case just shows what heartless so-and-so's these companies are and the way they they pretend to have some sort of official standing. Hence the demand that they must see the original certificate and not just copy. They are just a tin-pot private company not some sort of official body.

Would your Father have laughed at the situation?

If he would have, then I suggest that you do, too!

Sam

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

I'm sorry to read of your loss. I cannot believe how low these jumped up shysters will stoop. The very idea that they think they have the right to demand a precious legal document before they will even CONSIDER ceasing their harassment is beyond the comprehension of most folk. I would take this up with your local paper when you are feeling up to it. In the meanwhile suggest to your mother that there are more important things than keeping these bandits out of trouble and not to bother them with the dignity of a reply.

Thanks everyone for your replies, debt collection letter came a couple of days ago, what surprised me was that they mentioned they'd pass the case onto the landowner's solicitor, don't think I've seen this mentioned in any of the example letters posted online.

Mother still wants to write to them, probably just one sentence along the lines of "Be aware that the person you are writing to is now deceased, any further correspondence will be treated as harassment and reported to the police." Is this a good idea? Also planning to photocopy the letters they send and send them back with "No longer at this address" on the envelope, if they want a death certificate they can sing for it.

My father would indeed be laughing at this whole situation, in fact, I'm sure that he's sitting in one of Heaven's pubs right now laughing at us for being such mugs. Thanks again for all your help.

Where did the alleged parking offence take place supermarket car park?

If so i would turn this back on to the supermarket

there is more people that just pay up than those who dont.

I had a ticket on Saturday in ASDA i have rattled them in the past few days

formal complaint gone there way not that i would pay the ticket but they employ the muppet parking company time for them to ditch the private parking

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

Thanks everyone for your replies, debt collection letter came a couple of days ago, what surprised me was that they mentioned they'd pass the case onto the landowner's solicitor, don't think I've seen this mentioned in any of the example letters posted online.

Mother still wants to write to them, probably just one sentence along the lines of "Be aware that the person you are writing to is now deceased, any further correspondence will be treated as harassment and reported to the police." Is this a good idea? Also planning to photocopy the letters they send and send them back with "No longer at this address" on the envelope, if they want a death certificate they can sing for it.

My father would indeed be laughing at this whole situation, in fact, I'm sure that he's sitting in one of Heaven's pubs right now laughing at us for being such mugs. Thanks again for all your help.

i'd also put the address of the crem or graveyard!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Where did the alleged parking offence take place supermarket car park?

If so i would turn this back on to the supermarket

there is more people that just pay up than those who dont.

I had a ticket on Saturday in ASDA i have rattled them in the past few days

formal complaint gone there way not that i would pay the ticket but they employ the muppet parking company time for them to ditch the private parking

No, it was in a 'leisure park' car park, so there's lots of restaurants, a cinema, nightclubs etc. I've found a Facebook page and an address for them so I think I'll be sending a letter tomorrow morning.