kurono

Injured at work & employer pushing me to return before injury has been assessed.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2473 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi! I very recently (Saturday night) injured my hand at work when an heavy item fell on my wrist, i left early that day has i was having trouble doing my job. As it was the weekend my usual surgery was closed and i rang early Monday for an appointment, however my usual G.P is on holiday and only 2 other G.P's are available and fully booked, the nearest appointment i can get is Thursday morning. Now at the moment my hand feels like the hand of an 80 year old and is quite painful and i can not do a great deal with it. However my Employer has been ringing me after 1 day off and are telling me they want me in tomorrow and they will find me something to do that requires absolutely no lifting, but i am a bit skeptical as i have never had phone calls when i have been off with flu etc in the past and i am not sure it is a good idea to go in before i have had the injury assessed. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Edited by kurono

go to a and e and see if they think it needs an x ray.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

I would also advise A&E and keeping your employer informed. You will need a sick note after a week, though.

Your employer may need to report the incident to the HSE if the injury keeps you off work for more than 7 days, he may be trying to get you back in to avoid this.

You should try and get treatment as soon as possible so I would recommend A & E as well, if its like our place you wont get paid for 3 days and sick pay after that which is minimal, in which case it may be beneficial to get back asap, if its a genuine offer to get you back and you can manage it without discomfort it may be worth considering.