Universal Credit - Monthly

Gay_guy1986
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4113 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just looking for some of your thought's of what you think of when Universal Credit comes into force, I have heard that people on benefits will get they money monthly instead of fortnight. how is this possible? how can people survive without any money for 5 weeks? :shock:

when does this come into force?

How long is a piece of string? If UC actually happens as planned, it will likely be introduced in different areas at different times.

And yes, plenty of folks who work have to budget monthly. It will be a change, yes, but it can be done.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

So I get £129.00 every fortnight from my JSA (I used to get £140.00 but they taking some out of my money as I had a budgeting loan) so how much will I get every month? I heard from other forums that I will get £145 to last me a month, is that correct?

It's definetly monthly paid not 4 weekly. It's supposed to help people when they move into employment, so it's not such a shock to have money monthly instead of weekly/fortnightly

It will come in when uc comes to your area. Unless your in the pathfinder area then no one knows when it will be introduced to other area of the uk

So I get £129.00 every fortnight from my JSA (I used to get £140.00 but they taking some out of my money as I had a budgeting loan) so how much will I get every month? I heard from other forums that I will get £145 to last me a month, is that correct?

£279.50. Divided your fortnightly figure by 2, multiply by 52 and divided by 12.

Your hb will also be included, and any tax credits you get as well

I think the government will end up spending more money with this change alone. There will be claimants across the range of benefits who will be unable to budget the cash for a whole month. I am especially concerned about the needs of mentally handicapped and/or ill patients, who may have previously been able to separate housing benefit from ESA/DLA, but will struggle when this all arrives in one lump sum (or will it be two if they get DLA?). I imagine local CMHTs will get busier, at least for a time.

Other claimants who have never worked full-time or at all will also find it difficult. Some may be tempted to go down the pub and p*** it all away. I think there will be others though that will just find it difficult to budget. Some people won't have seen their bank balance get that high before! (although high isn't really the right word, you can never call your bank balance high when on benefits lol)

I foresee (like Septic Peg) lots of Crisis Loan applications in the future. Of course many will be refused, but they'll still have to process the paper work. Honestly, in my opinion, this change shouldn't occur at all, like most of the other changes the Tories are insisting on.

Sorry for the essay... :!:

There will be instances where people can't manage and there will be plans to stop direct payment.

I am working on one of the local authorities in the direct payment scheme. we are paying council tenants and ha tenants hb direct every 4 weeks. There are risk groups and there are chances to stop direct payment when arrears build and if its not suitable to pay direct to tenant. The dwp will hopefully realise they will have to take people individual situations into account, but they don't really like to do that do they

Yeah it's only the following involved in uc:

income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance

income-related Employment and Support Allowance

Income Support

Child Tax Credits

Working Tax Credits

Housing Benefit.

Dla or as it will be known in april, pip, is not a uc benefit as nystagmite stated

when does this come into force?

You never know by the time UC comes in, your have a Full time job by then been paid monthly and be working so hard your have No time to worry about anything ever again !

Night,Night don't have nightmare .....

Edited by 45002

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

Crisis loans cease to exist in their current form from April and will be dealt with by the local autorities.

It will be similar to when they moved weekly IS payments to fortnightly payments and from what I've read there won't be any exceptions :o but there is a lot being churned out regarding UC UJM to name but a few things and things seem to change daily!

As far as I'm aware UC is running behind schedule already but again that could change tomorrow.

2013 for the pathfinder areas which is the northwest of England four areas – Tameside, Oldham, Wigan and Warrington - each month. It will test the new simpler, single benefit payment system The roll out will take place all through 2013 for migration of existing customers on the any of the qualifying benefits. April 2014 will see it 'go live' for new claims as all existing benefits are phased out.

The monthly payments are supposed to help those who have been 'benefit dependant' (not my thoughts or words) to get used to managing their own finances so that when that magical job appears, people will be wage ready, ie they will be able to manage the wage and budget x

scotgal 

At the moment the UC payment system isn't working yet. I do hope when it comes in that the official error rules will be the same as the DWP rules and not the HB/CTB rules.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

@flumps

Crisis loans cease to exist in their current form from April and will be dealt with by the local autorities.

That's the death knell for crisis loans then, there's no requirement for LA's to ring fence this money so it will be spent on a 'see fit' basis, which if my local authority is anything to go by means the mayors office will get a makeover.

The only access to emergency cash will be the pay day lenders.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

Crisis Loan Alignment Payments

From April 2013 Crisis Loan alignment payments and other Crisis Loans paid due to issues with benefit will be replaced by a new national scheme of Short Term Advances. This will be administered by the Department for Work and Pensions.

scotgal 

It's definetly monthly paid not 4 weekly.

"definetly" ??

Can you show verification for this? most other 'Monthly' payments are 4 weekly, which is what I suspect UC will be

Taking a poke at the world

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

I think the government will end up spending more money with this change alone. There will be claimants across the range of benefits who will be unable to budget the cash for a whole month. I am especially concerned about the needs of mentally handicapped and/or ill patients, who may have previously been able to separate housing benefit from ESA/DLA, but will struggle when this all arrives in one lump sum (or will it be two if they get DLA?). I imagine local CMHTs will get busier, at least for a time.

Other claimants who have never worked full-time or at all will also find it difficult. Some may be tempted to go down the pub and p*** it all away. I think there will be others though that will just find it difficult to budget. Some people won't have seen their bank balance get that high before! (although high isn't really the right word, you can never call your bank balance high when on benefits lol)

I foresee (like Septic Peg) lots of Crisis Loan applications in the future. Of course many will be refused, but they'll still have to process the paper work. Honestly, in my opinion, this change shouldn't occur at all, like most of the other changes the Tories are insisting on.

Sorry for the essay... :!:

I absolutly agree with this

This welfare state change over is causing so many people terrible stress like myself, there are also very very sick people with addictive disorders personalities with gambling, drinking, drug use addictions , i would think this will be dangerous for them if they are not able to keep control with the Universal credit that comes in one big lump sum into bank accounts?

That temptation alone will have dire consequences for them if their housing benefits are not being payed?

I just think its a total mess

Edited by kAPPS