Ross and Roberts - CTAX debt -Help needed please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4116 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I would really appreciate some help on this matter as soon as possible.

Ross and Roberts attended my property last Nov as apparenty my account was in default

(even though i had never missed a payment as was advised by them that my account was clear).

To cut a long story short,

they have been to visit me twice now where they levied my goods and made me sign an agreement to pay

and amount each month that i told them i couldn't afford to pay.

In december i phoned them to make my payment as said i couldn't afford the ful amount and could i part pay,

they agreed to this and said to pay the remainder on 21st dec,

when i phoned to pay i had a recorded message saying the offices were closed until 2nd Jan,

when i called back 2nd Jan i was told my account was in default and a bailiff would attend.

He did come to my property yesterday and i refused to let him in,

i am really concerned about what will happen next,

Is anyone able to advise what i should do please???

Thank you

What is the debt for??

That is standard for bailiffs to set the payment high and have a levy now the fees will be add up fast with van attendance fees

Can you list the items they have a levy on how much outstanding

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

Thanks for quick reply

the items listed are:

4 x wooden units

1 x LG 32" tv

1 x packard bell pc and accessories

2 x leather sofas

1 x coffee table

1 x dining table and 3 chairs

1 x white microwave

there are 2 balances outstanding of £420 and £837.

when he came yesterday i told him to go ahead and remove goods asong as he left me enough seating for my whole family and he said he only has to leave me 1 chair, In the end he decided that he didnt want to remove goods and went away saying that if i cleared the lower debt by friday then the council would take back the higher debt. There is no way i can get that money together and am really concerned he will return and take goods

Thanks for quick reply

the items listed are:

4 x wooden units unless solid wood worthless

1 x LG 32" tv not worth a great deal nowerdays

1 x packard bell pc and accessories worth little

2 x leather sofas any other seating in house have they fire tags on them

1 x coffee table unless solid wood worthless

1 x dining table and 3 chairs either sofa of chairs

1 x white microwave

there are 2 balances outstanding of £420 and £837.

they levy in my opinion would not cover the debt

As the bailiffs have had peaceful entry and a levy they can NOT force entry at this point

have you a breakdown of fees the levy has been done for financial gain to the bailiffs

They wont be taking goods as good would not settle debt

if they return don't open the door if need be

the council can have the whole debt back

Thanks for quick reply

the items listed are:

4 x wooden units - beer crates? unless they are made of solid wood then of little value

1 x LG 32" tv - LCD or CRT? How old? If more than a couple of years old then little value

1 x packard bell pc and accessories - did he list the accessories separately or just lump them altogether

2 x leather sofas - do they still have their fire labels attached - also see below

1 x coffee table - unless solid wood of little value

1 x dining table and 3 chairs - why only 3 chairs? Again it needs to be of substantial contruction or appeal to be worth any value - also see below about seating

1 x white microwave - is it top of range? Do you have alternative means of cooking?

there are 2 balances outstanding of £420 and £837. - Has he listed the same goods twice?

If goods are removed the Bailiff must leave sufficient seating for each member of the household, so telling you only 1 chair is incorrect.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Even if he returns you do not have to allow him in. I would contend as has been said above the levy is insufficient and the Bailiff has only made a levy to gain a financial advantage for himself & his company. On the Notice of Seizure he has left has he also made a list of what his charges were? Do the amounts he states are owing concur with those of the Council, if unsure you need to speak to someone at the Council and ask the following questions:

1 - how many Liability Orders they have against you

2 - the dates they were obtained

3 - the addresses they were for

4 - the period of time each covers

5 - how much each one was for

6 - how much is still outstanding

7 - the dates they were passed on for enforcement

8 - the dates & amounts of any payments

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

When he came yesterday i was adament to him i was not leting him him, after an hour of him apparently trying to arrange a removal team he decided that the goods would not cover the debt so thats why he didnt arrange this as he said himself that the goods would not cover the debt.

I requested yesterday a complete breakdown and they emailed this to me today and the costs incurred on the spreadsheet to not match the the paperwork the bailiff gave me. According to the bailiff paperwork my account went from £969 to £1708. I noticed these discerpencies over the weekend and when i challenged him on this yesterday he eventually told me that it was a clerical error on his behalf. it just seems incredibly over the top of the charges though

Deffo insufficient goods, and the bailiff doesn't want your chairs, without the ORIGINAL fire labels still attached it is illegal for him to auction them. he wants to intimidate you and instil fear to make you pay. you may well be in formal complaint territory as it is apparent the bailiff has only levied to garner fees.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

When he came yesterday i was adament to him i was not leting him him, after an hour of him apparently trying to arrange a removal team he decided that the goods would not cover the debt so thats why he didnt arrange this as he said himself that the goods would not cover the debt.

I requested yesterday a complete breakdown and they emailed this to me today and the costs incurred on the spreadsheet to not match the the paperwork the bailiff gave me. According to the bailiff paperwork my account went from £969 to £1708. I noticed these discerpencies over the weekend and when i challenged him on this yesterday he eventually told me that it was a clerical error on his behalf. it just seems incredibly over the top of the charges though

Right best way forwards from now on is get a proper breakdown of fees from bailiffs

payments can be made direct to the council online using correct reference number

Formal complaint to council copy in local MP and tell them due to there agents making up fees you will now make all payments direct to the council

Keep bailiffs out if you have a car it will be vulnerable tuck it away

When he came yesterday i was adament to him i was not leting him him, after an hour of him apparently trying to arrange a removal team he decided that the goods would not cover the debt so thats why he didnt arrange this as he said himself that the goods would not cover the debt. If he was on the phone he would have been ringing the Speaking Clock or his granny. I don't suppose you recorded him saying the levy was insufficient?

Is it possible you can scan & upload - preferably a PDF file - what they sent or type verbatim - obviously exclude any personal details.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i spoke to debtline yesterday morning and they said that as i had allowed him entry before then he could now force entry. they also told me about the having to leave me enough seating whereas the bailiff told me they had incorrectly informed me and only had to leave me one seat.

i got the above info from the council yesterday and the amounts i orignally owed are correct. what concerns me is that on the levy of goods form he left the bailiff costs were £167.50 but on my reciept of payment on the same date the bailiff costs were £395.50.How can they make such a mistake?

When i told him i had requested a full breakdown and was making a formal complaint that was when he suddenly decided to pass it back to the council. When i phoned the council today they knew nothing of this and said is must be the 'back office' dealing with this that i have found out that the 'back office' is not actually the council themsleves. is that correct?

So if i dont allow him entry he cannot get a locksmith to gain entry then? sorry to sound stupid but i am just not used to any of this

no unless they have had the councils permission

been back to court

have a previous levy

They dont have that bailiffs will call it a court order warrant what ever they want all they have is a liability order

If you do speak with the council ask to speak with some one in the benefits and revenues department.

The levy is worthless to be honest, nothing of real value to cover fee's. cost's and debt.

If the council do take the debt back or bailiff sends it back make sure you have a breakdown as we can argue the levy fee's.

He has obviously been caught out and is now back tracking, typical of a bailiff who has tried to pull a fast one

Following a return visit by a Bailiff who has previously obtained a valid levy on goods you may indeed refuse him entry. He will inform you he is going to force entry by obtaining a locksmith & Police to assist, he will no doubt make a phone call to which you will hear one side of the converation which may include any of the following;

a - yes, please be here within an hour

b - I will need 2 vans

c - he has refused me entry

+ any number of different variations. The chances are if he has made a call it will be to the Speaking Clock, his deaf granny or more likely his battery is flat and he is pretending. One thing he has neglected to tell you however is the following:

1 - he usually needs the permission of the Council to both remove goods and/or force entry - and if they agree

2 - he needs to go back to Court for an Order allowing him to force entry - very rarely given - and if they agree

3 - he must write to you giving a time & date when he is coming

4 - if he then comes and you refuse him entry he may then force entry.

Remember he as already admitted there are insufficient goods so maybe you should ask him to return this to the Council as Nulla Bono

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That is what i told him, that it was pointless him taking my goods as they wouldn't even cover the cost of sending someone out. I am planning to complain about the costs issued as i cant see how they can charge £168n for a visit?

i thought yesterday that the only reason he referred it back to council was that he had been caught out on his over charging.

Thank you so much for your help, if researched this forum over the weekend and this is how i knew what to tell him yesterday, although i still wanted clarification. Thank you all so much, you have really put my mind at rest

This is fantastic info thank you so much. I will indeed be telling him what i know. I have found that once the bailiffs know that you have done your research and know what you are talking about they certainly backtrack. I never knew any of this info before now, thank you all so much

he has been round 3 times now. he has just phoned again and I told him I cant get the £420 and he says the council wont take it back then, but its now his colleague dealing with it and he will be in touch

he has been round 3 times now. he has just phoned again and I told him I cant get the £420 and he says the council wont take it back then, but its now his colleague dealing with it and he will be in touch

Perhaps he has realized he not going to get any money and was one last chance at it before handing it back to council

some years ago i had the 24 hour rubbish next thing i knew it was back with the council

if he does return hope it is raining wave to him through the window

I owe one amount of 420 and another of 969. on Monday we went through the whole they are taking goods then decided not to. I was then told if I paid the 420 by today then the council would take back the higher amount.