style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4071 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

He would be very silly indeed if he tried to force entry, you could complainto OFT under credit fitness,

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

typical, the bailiff has just rung to say he is too busy to come back to us today, he is returning the paperwork to the office tomorrow and we are to ring the office to make a payment. I think I will pay the outstanding installment directly to the council and then email a copy of the receipt to the bailiffs office. Any thoughts on that plan of action?

Edited by dean50

typical, the bailiff has just rung to say he is too busy to come back to us today, he is returning the paperwork to the office tomorrow and we are to ring the office to make a payment. I think I will pay the outstanding installment directly to the council and then email a copy of the receipt to the bailiffs office. Any thoughts on that plan of action?

He has been caught out.

It is quite possible that the bailiff has either read the forum, many do, or he knew he couldnt carry out the forced entry.

Pay the council direct. I would also add that you do need to pay for a visit fee. That would be £24.50 for the first visit, if he made a second visit this would be another £18.00. These you must pay. As for the levy, you can argue that this was invalid due to the fact that there were insufficient items on the levy to cover the debt, fee's and charges.

• 1 month later...

hi my name is dean50, on january 8th you helped me with a council tax problem with bristol and suter i was advised to pay the council direct. on febuary 1st we paid the council 100 pounds and will pay more in march. today they came back again and said they wanted full settlement 800 pounds or tomorrow they will be back a locksmith. i missed two payments to them dec jan after losing my job in december. the levy on my goods is for tv and dvd player. regards dean50

There will be no locksmith the bailiff is talking dribble keep them out

there is no right of entry

Levy on a tv and dvd player that would not cover his fees let alone the debt

Who are you paying council or bailiffs?

it should be the council direct

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

Ring the council dean50, They sent a bailiff out to me last week (i wasnt in) Ive just rang them sorted out regular dd payment and the bailiffs womt be calling again. If it wasnt for this site, i would of let them in thinking there was no other choice.

could this be bordering on harasment, i am trying to pay?

have you written to the council about there agents actions and the invalid levy? what was there response?

you should contact your local MP explain how the bailiffs have a levy on a tv and a dvd player on a debt of £800 which has been done to gain fees for the bailiffs

,how they are threatening you with locksmith

once they contact the council it should have this sorted

we paid the council 100 pounds on line, the bailiff said the money goes to them. i did not let the bailiff in today. have just spoken to council, they said the account is with bailiffs and payments must go to them. apparently i have to talk to bailiffs and come up with a repayment plan as it is now out of councils hands. what to do now?

we paid the council 100 pounds on line, the bailiff said the money goes to them. i did not let the bailiff in today. have just spoken to council, they said the account is with bailiffs and payments must go to them. apparently i have to talk to bailiffs and come up with a repayment plan as it is now out of councils hands. what to do now?

that is normal council dribble

Please take the advice you have been given about paying the council direct you DO NOT need to deal with the bailiffs

You spoke to the council i assume on the phone you will be better to write to them tell them how much and when you are going to pay

however

if you wanted to be charged lots of money and be in a worse situation that you are in now

by all means deal with the bailiffs

have looked on line at my council tax bill and 100 pounds has come of it. the bailiff has lied to me, he said the money went to them not the council. according to the ministry of justice he is not allowed to lie

have looked on line at my council tax bill and 100 pounds has come of it. the bailiff has lied to me, he said the money went to them not the council. according to the ministry of justice he is not allowed to lie

No they aren't supposed to lie, but remeber Rule No 1

Bailiffs Lie!

many of them wouldn't know the truth if it slapped them across the face with a wet herring

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

reading back through your post............

1/ are you still unemployed ?if so bailiff action not appropriate and should stop

2/the levy on the tv and dvd player have you written to the council (formal complaint) about the invalid levy as been done to gain fees what was there response?

3/Have you written to your local MP what was there response?

4/continue to pay the council direct weekly if need be so payment history stacks up

This is not out of the councils hands at all, this is normal council response.

Has the bailiff ever been into your home, to levy on property, they cannot levy through a window, they have to be able to touch what they have levied, they then have to leave you an itemised list of what has been levied plus a what fee's and charges that have been added.

It has already been said, Bailiffs lie, this is a fact.

Waited in all day, had stuck a removal of right of implied access form in the window and on the door which several people read as they walked past.

My wife had also printed off section 6 of the human rights act 1988, article 1 of the European convention on human rights, the ministry of justice national standards for enforcement agents, invalid levy, doormat levy, case law to back it all up, irregular distress, section 3 of the criminal damage act 1971, section 24/24a of the police and criminal evidence act 1984, section 25 of the theft act 1968, a form 4 which we had filled in with the exact details of the bailiff from the register of certified bailiffs and a list of the offences that could be committed by the bailiff.

A big white luton ldv van was parked in the street opposite for about an hour. A man walked up the road, stopped and read the sign, crossed the road and went over to the van. The van left about twenty minutes later. We never had a visit from the bailiff or his locksmith. Do you think they'll come back tomorrow? do you think the notice worked?

regards Dean50

We never had a visit from the bailiff or his locksmith. Do you think they'll come back tomorrow? do you think the notice worked?

regards Dean50

It has been pointed out already there is no locksmith no drilling of the lock no forced entry

They may turn up or they may give up

This seams to me to be going on far too long and could be brought to a closure a long time ago

The fact they have a levy on a TV and dvd player has been done to gain fees

Have you written to the council and local MP

I expect all that will happen is eventually the bailiffs will hand the case back to the council but will still want there fees

It is my belief that those implied right of access letters are a wast of paper and ink:-)

At the moment there is first visit fee

second visit fee

The levy fee on tv and dvd player

Van attendance fee

plus any other fees that want to put on

You could end this by writing to the appropriate people