Phone Calls

brassnecked
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4121 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have been asked by a neighbour,

what the score is with this one.

They lost their job before Christmas, November I think,

and contacted Cap1 to tell them that they had had to claim JSA so would they please accept around £20 per month in the interim and freeze interest

whilst they found another job, they also emailed them apparently.

What they are telling me is that Cap1 are texting, leaving messages to phone them, even on Christmas day,

and constantly phoning 2 to 3 times a day, often silent.

They have said they have sent their offer by post to Cap1 but had no response, beyond a letter charging 2 2 x£12 for short payment charges.

They have told me that they requested Cap1 to stop phoning and deal in writing, but obviously they are still phoning. What recourse would be best?

Should i tell them to ask about PPI, and demand a refund?

Complain to OFT?

I told them to inform Cap1 that each call is logged and will be used to ground a claim of criminal harassment

as they have been informed that phone calls are unacceptable and writing only.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

first of all i would send the letter in the template libary that states all communication is to be done by letter

and send a complaint off to fos etc about the frequency of the calls .

also if he is unemployed there is no way he should be offering them that amount .

He should work out a income and expediture sheet and then after all his priorty debts are done

then he can decide how much he can pay them if it is he pays a nominal amount of £1

first of all i would send the letter in the template libary that states all communication is to be done by letter and send a complaint off to fos etc about the frequency of the calls . also if he is unemployed there is no way he should be offering them that amount . He should work out a income and expediture sheet and then after all his priorty debts are done then he can decide how much he can pay them if it is he pays a nominal amount of £1

I will download the template, and print it for him, he is not internet savvy, I told him to put in the letter what we used to put in CAB letters that as the income was wholly from means tested benefits, there is no point in sending an I & E as realistically there is no disposable income after subsistence and priority debt, from £71 per week. so they have already had notification that he won't deal over the phone, but are persistent, he now ignores the call, I have told him to log all the calls and times. I will get him to send in the template as a final notification to cease and desist on the phone calls, and also get him a ppi reclaim template sorted and chuck that at 'em. Should confuse them a little.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

HI BN

TELL [dont ask] them they are only going to get £xxPCM for xx mts

as a goodwill gesture

and as a reciprocal GOGW they must freeze int & refrain from levying PENALTY charges.

if they wont

drop them to £1PCM for life.

as an example>

I am currently in financial difficulties and not able to meet my normal monthly repayments.

to show my goodwill, i am going to pay £5 for 6 mts.

i will update you in 6mts time or before, should my situation change.

could you please as a reciprocal goodwill guesture,

refrain from levying any penalty charges & freeze the interest on my account.?

Should you fail to assist me during a period of financial difficulty, contrary to all the guidelines and codes

issued by the relevent bodies and authorities that govern you and the way you conduct yourselves.

i shall have no alternative but to reduce my offer to £1PCM for the rest of the life of the account,

as your actions would do nothing to help me.

i thank you for your time.

dx

then pay by your internet banking site

and get reclaiming

TAKE CONTROL

or

if you have sent the above and they refuse

then write back........

i'm sorry, but you have failed to assist me during a period of financial difficulty, against all the guidelines and codes

issued by the relevent bodies and authorities that govern you and the way you conduct yourselves.

i repeat again, the contents of my letter dated dd/mm/yyyy, for want of clarification:

to show my goodwill, i am going to pay £XX for XX mts

could you please as a reciprocal goodwill guesture, refraining from levying any penalty charges & freeze the interest on my account.

i will update you in 6mts time or before, should my situation chance.

should you fail to help by refraining from levying unlawful PENALTY charges & freeze my interest,

i shall have no alternative but to reduce my offer to £1PCM for the rest of the life of the account,

as your actions are doing nothing to help me.

This is contrary to the rules you should operate under.

disgruntled account holder

if he has all the statements

get reclaiming ANY PENALTY fees over the last 6yrs

cap1 are coughing nicely at the moment.

also look for PPI.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks DX, will sort him in the morning, have an outsourced Civil Enforcement Officer working for my local council who have contracted XFor to ticket all and sundry, who gave a litter ticket to another vulnerable debtor who dropped a fag end down a grid, to assist (the debtor not the CEO) I don't think they are adhering to the National Standards, as they refused an offer of so much a week as debtor is on JSA

BTW DX what should he put as they have already added 2 late paynment charges,? Should I suggest he demands their removal as they are unlawful, and also ask for the PPI situation, as he wants any payments to be refunded to the account balance.

you'll need the statements first

dont go off halfcocked

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

you'll need the statements first

dont go off halfcocked

dx

Thanks, will ask him to dig out the paperwork., but get the other letter off regarding the offer and interest, as it will be a reminder, he sent the first one I suggested before Xmas, and got a text on Xmas Day asking him to phone them. Mind you they use offshore call centres also I think, so maybe it's not unusual ( oops sorry)

if he has not got them

sar time

dx

and they

if he has not got them

sar time

dx

Just what I thought, make the muppets work, then possibly repay cash...

Sorted the letters and sent them off for him,

hope they get them,

just been round to see him, and they have called 4 times a day since Wednesday onwards.

many of them silent he says,

he told them to stop calling,

but the droid on the other end told him this is not possible, as they must speak to him.

I was there when they called just now, and asked them why they are calling when they have been asked to cease as an offer has been made,

payments are being kept up,

they then said about going through security questions,

I then told them that as they have been asked to cease the calls,

they are now in breach of OFT and FOS guidelines so complaints with the log of calls,

including all the texts that are also being sent to him,

including one he had from them on Christmas day asking him to phone them immiediately (thought they couldn't contact on Bank Holidays) to FOS and OFT.