• Tweets

• I (and other respondents) always advise “not getting caught in a lie” it hardens their response. Why would they now believe protestations of remorse and “I won’t do it again” if they've already seen you'd lie and say it was a one-off when it wasn't..  You can try approaching the prosecutor on the day, but "I wouldn't hold my breath" …..  
    • I told them that it was an accident and that I used the oyster card as my debit card was lost. However, they did an investigation and realised it was not a one off. I have told them how remorseful I feel and how a criminal conviction would result in expulsion from my degree but they still want to take me to court. I have received the court summons letter
    • 20 million quid on just the brokering fee for a crappy deal with the UK public hocked to pay more for PPE - which was probably useless with better and cheaper per item with no 20 million quid fee - available from alibaba Stinks of corruption to me.  
    • Breaking News Biden wins Kennedy family endorsement Fifteen members of the storied Kennedy political family endorsed U.S. President Joe Biden at a Philadelphia campaign event on Thursday, with some joining him onstage, in a rebuke of Robert F. Kennedy Jr's independent bid for the White House. and 30 members in the extended Kennedy family   nytimes.com WWW.NYTIMES.COM Kennedys endorse Biden over their relative RFK Jr WWW.BBC.CO.UK Robert F Kennedy Jr is running for president as an independent - but many family members oppose him. More than a dozen Kennedy family members endorse Biden, snub RFK Jr. | CBC News WWW.CBC.CA President Joe Biden accepted endorsements from at least 15 members of the Kennedy political family during a campaign stop...  
    • Speaking of Frost and Johnson the corrupt liars' grate deal they forced through   Shortages of life saving medicines has become ‘new normal’ for UK after Brexit WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK ‘The medicines supply chain is broken at every level,’ warns Dr Leyla Hannbeck   "Professor Tamara Hervey, of the City Law School, said: “There is nothing inevitable about this ‘new normal’ where Great Britain is isolated in efforts to manage fragilities in global supply of the products and people we need to run the NHS. It is the consequence of policy choices and those could be different.”     Mind you, the private sector is making hays while the NHS is burned. Private health insurance market grows by £385m in a year amid NHS crisis | Private healthcare | The Guardian WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM Demand for private treatment booms as NHS waiting lists remain long, while more people also sign up for dental cover  
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

I'm having problems with toothfairy finance, need advice!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4117 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've been looking at other posts for advice, I just joined here.

. I've taken out loans before with wonga and quickquid and paid back fine.

. then I had some issues and took out a loan with toothfairy finance (£200) and minicredit (£100) wonga and quickquid have agreed to repayment plans..

so each week I give wonga £10.27 and quickquid £25, I didn't really wanna argue as they were really understanding

and I actually had a different repayment plan with quickquid and forgot to pay

so they gave me another chance really, also they only charged me £12 late payment the first time and didn't go crazy like the other loans.

my main issue is toothfairy finance.

I'm 20 and work in a bar, my hours got cut to 10 hours a week, which means i'm getting £40-£50 a week..

I need to live somehow and also I visit my sick dad weekly, who was in hospital for a year due to having a cardiac arrest

due to I believe a mess up with the aenesthetic(cant spell) team

so there is now an investigation into it as he was in a coma for 3 months, is now brain damaged,

I was already a little depressed before this happened but got worse and I clearly got out of control on taking out loans.

A couple of days before TFF was due I called them up (i already deferred it before) and explained to them my situation that I couldn't pay and wanted a repayment plan..

They said no, then the time came and I started getting the northern debt recovery texts..

I called again,

He told me that it wasn't actually due until 31st December (I called start of December thinking it was due near that time) even though I knew

I probably still wouldn't have the money

I was still getting texts saying my loan was due even though the guy said it wasn't, but it doesn't really matter because regardless I couldn't pay it.

I owe £272. That is all I will pay when I get the money but obviously I'm sure you are all aware of their charges,

it's now £688 or something ridiculous.

TFF don't wanna know and tell me to contact nothern debt recovery,

I don't want to speak with them on the phone because they're not gonna help are they?

I'm getting emails like "we're trying to contact you to sort out a repayment plan" but that's obviously the £688 they want not £272!

So I'm gonna send a letter, but they probably won't read it?

I don't really know what to write though.

At most I will pay £5 a week, as I am already paying out £35 a week.

I am looking for another job obviously, I wasn't aware my hours were gonna be dropped but there isn't much I can do, I didn't sign a contract at this pub or anything.

My main issue is the threats about coming to my house, which is my mums house.

I don't want her involved and trying to come into the house.

I don't have anything valuble anyway lol but they don't have a right anyway.

Also I don't want them going to my work, I think I gave a false number,

and only the brewery name, there are a few pubs on the road with the same brewery.

Can someone actually tell me if they have ever went to someone's house.

I live in Bedfordshire, will they actually travel here? and will they go to my work?

As for taking me to court, I'm not bothered, I am willing to pay what I owe (£272) but I can't possibly do it now.

The court will see i'm trying and I can get a doctors note for my depression and trouble with my dad,

and also proof my hours dropped and I've been trying to get another job.

I know I made a stupid mistake and I'm trying to fix it!

My main concerns are I don't want them threatening my mum who isn't very well herself (stress) esp when i'm not there.

. I keep getting texts of NDR saying in 3 days they will pass it on to marshall ballifs or something who I believe aren't real ballifs?

I'm also having a similiar issue with minicredit, called up about repayment plan and said to me the only way for me to do a repayment plan is if I end up paying 400 in total (weekly) asked why.. because it's future charges.. I said no obviously.. I owed 130 which is now 260, I know this is kinda off topic.

So any help will be appreciated, I wish I found this forum before hand. How should I write my letter and what to do about NDR??

Firstly do not call over the telephone, they are not / dont care they just want money.

Dont worry they will not take you to court they will start threats by sending in the bailiffs using Marshalls Hoares ( they are a debt collection owned by TF )

you must report them to the OFT asap.

Step 1, Only email and keep records

Step 2, Cancel debt cards and call the bank they will try to set up CPR Con paymeny method.

Step 3 pay via bank transfer only never give your details out.

Note TF, Marshalls Hoares, Northern Debt, Appleton Massey Solicitors are all the same company so dont worry, make token payments and keep records all emails, texts etc etc

Only repay the loan plus 1 mths interest

I'm not planning on calling them,

I have ignored their calls as I know exactly what they are going to say a

nd are not going to agree with me,

I just don't want them showing up at my house or work,

have they ever done that?

I'm gonna report them tomorrow, thanks for that and I have a new debit card with a different bank,

I can't cancel my current bank card as I have bank charges but they always block payments anyway from them,

I will call them tomorrow to double check..

Also I was looking back at emails I got from them, This one from Northern Debt Recovery..

"We have been passed your file by our client ToothFairy Finance Ltd t/a ToothFairy Pay Day Loan .

You took a loan with them on 08.10.12.

They have made numerous attempts to contact you via calls, emails, letters and sms to arrange repayment and have offered to put you on a more flexible and affordable payment plan.

As you have failed to make satisfactory arrangements to repay your debt your file has now been passed on to ourselves.

We are informed that ToothFairy Finance Ltd t/a ToothFairy Pay Day Loan has also sent your file to be reviewed by their solicitors.

If you ignore this letter and do not make contact within 5 working days on 0843 381 0843

we may send our Door Recovery Agents to your property to discuss your debt with you.

Should this also prove unsuccessful we may refer the matter back to ToothFairy Finance Ltd

and recommend that your file be fast-tracked for legal action against you in the County Court (or Sheriff Court if you are in Scotland).

As you failed to repay your loan in time or make adequate repayment arrangements,

you have incurred further Legal and Recovery fees as per the terms and conditions of your loan. Below is a breakdown of what you owe

Loan and Interest £416

Legal Fees £150

Recovery Fees £200

Repayments todate £144

Total £272"

This is a joke,

I contacted them myself three times before the loan was due and after and they would not agree to any sort of payment plan..

The last time the guy was rude and told me to call NDR to discuss a repayment plan with the £688 I apparently owe.

Also, am I right into thinking they are getting the total wrong? It says total £272..

Before my loan was even due I was getting letters from TFT saying I owed just £161 :S

also two days after they sent me another email (1st January 13)

"You curre ntly owe:

Loan and Interest GBP 452

NDR Accept Case File GBP 200

Missed Payment Fee 3 (day 57) GBP 10

Missed Payment Fee 1 (day 29) GBP 10

Missed Payment Fee 2 (day 43) GBP 10

Solicitors - Case Preparation GBP 150

Repayments todate GBP 144

Total GBP 688"

Case Prep??

and Repayments to date..

I haven't made any and they definitely haven't taken any out of my bank so I am assuming it is the amount of times I extended the loan?

I just multiplied 36 by 4 and came up as 144..

I knew I extended it didn't realize so many times though, my head was definitely not screwed on.

Then on the 6th I got this..

"You have made insufficient efforts to resolve the matter of your debt with our client ToothFairy Finance Ltd in respect of your ToothFairy Pay Day Loan .

We have no option now but to instruct Door Recovery Agents.

We have also been instructed to refer your file to our Solicitors to deal with this case and you will hear from them shortly.

You are liable for the full debt as set out below.

Your constant refusal to speak to us has been noted and will NOT act in your favour as the matter progresses.

You currently owe:

Loan and Interest GBP 452

NDR Accept Case File GBP 200

Missed Payment Fee 3 (day 57) GBP 10

Missed Payment Fee 1 (day 29) GBP 10

Missed Payment Fee 2 (day 43) GBP 10

Solicitors - Case Preparation GBP 150

Repayments to date GBP 144

Total GBP 688

Please note that:

1. Door Recovery Agents have been instructed to attend your property to discuss your debt with you.

2. Our Solicitors have now been fully briefed and will be contacting you shortly.

We may seek a County Court Judgement (*or its Scottish equivalent) against your name. Should we be successful we will then apply for either one of two measures:

1. a Warrant of Execution* to allow Bailiffs to seize goods and sell them to repay your debt; or

2. an Attachment of Earnings Order* which will be sent to your employer so that they can pay us directly.

"

How can they get a CCJ, What does it actually mean? can they really do that!?

And as if my employer is gonna do that, I work in a pub, 2 shifts a week, never signed a contract or anything..

I get paid cash in hand and I don't think I will be working there much longer if I get this other job I applied for

.. Also they are leaving in a few months.

I want to pay this loan when I have the money but only £272,

I'm not just gonna give them the money though,

I want a letter saying they will accept the payment and leave me alone otherwise

they are getting nothing from me!

I've read alot about people paying what they owe and still getting harrassed, I'm not having that!

stick by your guns

its all threats

they can add nothing to the debt.

pay what you can when you can

do it by YOUR banks internet portal.

end off

stop worrying.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Marshall Hoares came to my house about my TFF loan, I sent them away and they have done nothing buy email me still. They are asking for 1900 on a 200 loan they know I'm out of employment and haven't taken me to court.