MattyO

CCJ removal - Question regarding information on N244

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2476 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I amgoing to submit the information below on my N244 application to the County Court, tohave a CCJ removed. Please would forum members have a look over thisinformation and let me know whether you think my application will be successful?

Thank-youin advance.

Please accept this application for the County Court to remove the above County Court Judgment from my credit file history, this by having the Judgment set aside. Below I will give the grounds for this request.

I was not residing at the address that the original summons was sent to. Please find letter from XX XX XX enclosed. This letter provides evidence that I was residing at another address (XX XX XX). As such all correspondence for me was been sent to the wrong address.

The paperwork was forwarded to me leaving only limited time to complete the County Court paperwork and return it to the Court. I do not feel that I had adequate time to represent myself within the paperwork which I submitted to the Court. If I was able to represent myself adequately at the time I would have made the Court aware that my debt with Lloyds TSB was for approximately £111.05. The final amount was £221 which included Court fees. The original amount owed to Lloyds TSB was for accumulated bank charges, which I was contestingwith Lloyds TSB at the time.

The County Court Judgement was then recorded on my credit file for six years and I received a letter titled ‘Judgement for Claimant’. It was my intention to wait the six years for the County Court Judgement to be removed although I recently acquired a new employment position and the County Court Judgement is beginning to adversely affect this opportunity.

It is of note that I have paid off the amount in full on 08 January 2010; as such it is recorded as "satisfied" on my credit file. Please find Certificate of Satisfaction enclosed.

Was it a default judgment Matty or did you submit a defence?

Regards

Andy

PS Welcome to CAG

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Andy. Many thanks for your welcome message. I do not recall which it was although I do recall making an agreement to pay £20 per month as part of it. Does this help determine which it was? Ta

The problem you face if the debt was not paid within the required time as stated on the Notice of Judgment then the the CCJ will be recorded on your CRA files for 6 years ( irrespective of paid or not).The N244 is only used to set a side a judgment which will allow you to defend and start from scratch not to remove a paid CCJ. Your Certificate of Satisfaction is the best you will get out of the system I'm afraid until it falls off your Credit Files.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

You admitted to the debt and have since satisfied the CCJ in full.

You won't be able to set it aside IMO. It doesn't work like that.