style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2473 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi everyone,

Happy New Year

Ok , so new year new challange. I have started to challange our CT as we live in a 3 bed semi with us being band B and next door band A!

In our street there are 5 styles of houses, with my style being the largest, all of the other houses are band A. Nine houses the same as ours, including next door, have succesfully been re banded to A. We have just had our informal enquiry rejected by the VOA (template excuses).

I am about to reply to the VOA having done my own investigation. These are my findings.

1. There were no houses the same as ours sold in our street in 1991. Saturday spent in the library on microfiche, only found 1 in November 1990 for £42k (Front porch extension and larger plot of land)

2. The VOA have already rectified 9 houses indentical to ours.

3. Using an OS map to work out plot size, we have the smallest plot of land in the street. One house has 60% more land than us and was lowered to an A.

4. We have a public access at the side of our to a council garage block.

5. The house with the largest plot is the first house in the street with that style so I think we have all been valued based on that one. If you just glance at our house it's possible to mistake the access road as our driveway.

I think these are all valid points as to why ours should be lowered also to band A.

My wife has lived here since 1997, so we can't formally appeal, but reading through the VOA employee toolkit it states that if anyone who becomes liable for CT has 6 months to appeal. Well my wife is the only liable just now, if I was to become liable does this then mean I can formally appeal?What to people think, do I have a strong case?

Hi everyone,

Happy New Year

Ok , so new year new challange. I have started to challange our CT as we live in a 3 bed semi with us being band B and next door band A!

In our street there are 5 styles of houses, with my style being the largest, all of the other houses are band A. Nine houses the same as ours, including next door, have succesfully been re banded to A. We have just had our informal enquiry rejected by the VOA (template excuses).

I am about to reply to the VOA having done my own investigation. These are my findings.

1. There were no houses the same as ours sold in our street in 1991. Saturday spent in the library on microfiche, only found 1 in November 1990 for £42k (Front porch extension and larger plot of land)

2. The VOA have already rectified 9 houses indentical to ours.

3. Using an OS map to work out plot size, we have the smallest plot of land in the street. One house has 60% more land than us and was lowered to an A.

4. We have a public access at the side of our to a council garage block.

5. The house with the largest plot is the first house in the street with that style so I think we have all been valued based on that one. If you just glance at our house it's possible to mistake the access road as our driveway.

I think these are all valid points as to why ours should be lowered also to band A.

My wife has lived here since 1997, so we can't formally appeal, but reading through the VOA employee toolkit it states that if anyone who becomes liable for CT has 6 months to appeal. Well my wife is the only liable just now, if I was to become liable does this then mean I can formally appeal?What to people think, do I have a strong case?

Hi Xboxer,

I've just started a challenge against the tax banding on a residential property and have submitted a FOI for information from the V.O.A (Valuation Office Agency)

I'm going after my local council for negligence and failure and a few other things... this FOI is to discover information relating to my issues but might help you when / if they reply..

LINK.. I can't add links as under 10 posts.. :| Google "Errors, Mistakes And who was notified. WhatDoTheyKnow "

It will be on the WhatDoTheyKnow website.

It was submitted on the 27th December 2012 so it might be a couple of weeks for the answer.

Nut..