style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2471 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me.

I took out a personal loan with HFC Bank in 2004 which after a year or so was passed to their debt collection agents and was settled in full around the end of 2009.

I have recently submitted a PPI claim to them to which they responded within 2 weeks stating they agree that I was mis-sold PPI and was due compensation

however according to their records I was still in arrears with them for almost the full loan amount

and in turn only offering me a very small settlement figure which would be used as redress against the arrears.

After obtaining a 'Settlement of Account' letter from their debt collection agents and forwarding this on to HFC Bank

I have now received a letter stating that they accept that I am not in arrears

however the settlement figure has remained the same despite their acceptance that the loan has been paid off in full.

Are they correct to offer me the same amount as before but this time as a payment rather then a redress

or should the settlement figure now take into account the full amount of what I have paid?

Many thanks in advance.

typical ruddy HFC

they cant offset anyway

unless they have been regularly sending NOSIN letters

[notice of sums in arrears] they are stuffed.

as well as it prob being statute barred anyhow

have you got ALL thestatements?

did you do an FOS CQ?

did you do a spreadsheet to workout what you SHOLD be gettingback?

do not trust HFC.

they will fleece you blind

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Hi dx,

Unfortunately I do not have any documents/statements etc.

i sent off the PPI claim in hope rather then expectation but was surprised to hear anything back.

I guess my questions boils down to whether despite me settling the loan in full with a debt collection agency

should HFC recalculate my PPI award to take this into account as the current offer only takes into account

what was paid directly to them before the debt company got involved.

As previously mentioned they stated I was in arrears however I now have a letter from them stating the balance is now £0

Thanks

You say "passed to their debt collection agents".

Was the debt sold on or were the agents only collecting on behalf of HFC?

Your credit file should tell you the owner of the debt. If it was settled in 2009 it should still appear on there.

Who was the DCA?

What you should get back is the entire premium, any interest charges as a result of the PPI and 8% interest on each payment actually made running from the date of payment right up to the date of settlement.

If it were me I would SAR HFC for everything on the account including a copy of the agreement. That information will help you do some calculations.

As dx says, you need to watch HFC.

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS