style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4041 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

Last year my landlord was awarded money from the deposit through the TDS, however, while the case was being considered by the TDS, he started a claim for the same amount through the courts.

TDS found in his favour, and just after, I received a CCJ through for the same amount even though I wrote to the court to inform them that the case was being dealt with by TDS.

I am trying to clear my credit history, so is there anything i can do about the CCJ?

I have the TDS paperwork stating the amount awarded to landlord.

Thanks

TDS?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 months later...

Ok, I sent off proof and payment to the court that the money had been repaid through the tenancy deposit scheme within one month of the CCJ being issued asking for it to be cancelled, howwever, the courts have sent my payment back to me stating that the court has received confirmation from the claiment that the debt has not been paid!

Any advice on what to do? The landlord was a nightmare from start to finish of the tenancy, even changing the locks before the end of the tennancy! (but thats another story)

I just really need the CCJ removed from my file, as this is the only bad thing on there.

TDS can only consider deposit amount & do not issue/grant CCJs, so LL must have applied to Court.

How much was the deposit and the CCJ amount? Did LL claim for more than deposit eg rent owed?

Has TDS paid deposit to LL yet? If LL went the Court route, TDS prob need Court Order to release deposit to LL.

Many LLs do not realise this,so Award is currently 'unpaid'. Contact TDS.