robbo57

Metropolitan collection services

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2452 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Have only just found this site as I owe money through First Direct, if this company are operating outside the UK, so not coming under British law can I refuse to deal with them on grounds of security.

tell us more please

what is the debt?

is it on your CRA file?

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

what is the debt?

is it on your CRA fil

It is a consolidated loan debt with First Direct but about 4yrs ago it was passed to M.C.S.and yes it is on my C.R.A.

Any PPI or charges you can reclaim?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

so who are you paying

what is your actual problem?

dx

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

I do not know as Ihave never applied and thought that as I got into trouble with the debt, Icould not apply for any ppi, if there is any.

Iam paying the money to M.C.S. as they seem to operate outside the uk and possibly outside uk data law, can I refuse to deal with them.

ok getting no where here...

on your cra file who is listed as the owner?

the original creditor or these muppets you are paying?

dx

spreadsheets 

ok getting no where here...

on your cra file who is listed as the owner?

the original creditor or these muppets you are paying?

dx

I will have to get an upto date CRA, I will get back when I have.

MCS are based in Birmingham in the same office as HSBC's, they are HSBC's internal debt collection agency.....

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

Are they giving you any hassle ? Any excessive charges that you may be able to reclaim back or PPI possibly ?

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

MCS are based in Birmingham in the same office as HSBC's, they are HSBC's internal debt collection agency.....

The address I have on my statements are in Coventry,a po box and an address for an industrial park.

This is current from the OFT's licence register

CCA Home Page :: CCA Search :: CCA Search Results :: Licence Details

Application / Licence Details

Licence Number:0593160

Licence Status:Current

Current Applicant / Licensee:

Business NameCompany Registration Number Metropolitan Collection Services Limited1475006

Categories:

Debt collecting

Right To Canvass Off Trade Premises:No

Trading Name(s) (Current):

Bancrofts CDRU Central Debt Recovery Unit Five Ways Debt Recovery Services Maitland Collections MCS Payment Services Bureau PSB

Issued Date: 26-Oct-2006

Date Maintenance Payment Due: 25-Oct-2016

Legal Formation:

Body Corporate (incorporated inside UK)

Current Individuals that run the organisation:

NamePosition Gary David Jones Gavin Paul Hewitt Hollie Wood Mark John Thundercliffe

Historic Individuals that run the organisation:

NamePosition David Harry MeadOFFICER George William Bayer Julie Williams Malcolm James BrookesOFFICER Mr Phillip LeylandOFFICER Pauline Louise McQuillanOFFICER Robert Hugh MusgroveOFFICER Sarah Maher

Nature of Business:

Banking services Debt Collection

Current Address(es):

Address TypeAddress CorrespondenceCoventry Dsc, PO Box 5338, Harry Weston Road, Coventry, CV3 9FR, United Kingdom Principal Place Of BusinessCamden House East, Parade, Birmingham, B1 3QA, United Kingdom Registered Office56, St. James Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 1JL, United Kingdom

Historic Address(es):

Address TypeAddress Correspondence56, St. James Road, Edgbaston, BIRMINGHAM, B15 1JL, United Kingdom Correspondence8, Canada Square, London, E14 5HQ Correspondence8-16, Canada Square, LONDON, E14 5HQ, United Kingdom Principal Place Of Business56, St James Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 1JL Principal Place Of Business56, St. James Road, Edgbaston, BIRMINGHAM, B15 1JL, United Kingdom Principal Place Of Business8-16, Canada Square, LONDON, E14 5HQ, United Kingdom Registered Office56, St James Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 1JL Registered Office56, St. James Road , Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 1JL Registered Office56, StJames Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 1JL

This is current from the OFT's licence register

CCA Home Page :: CCA Search :: CCA Search Results :: Licence Details

Application / Licence Details

Licence Number:0593160

Licence Status:Current

Current Applicant / Licensee:

Business NameCompany Registration Number Metropolitan Collection Services Limited1475006

Categories:

Debt collecting

Right To Canvass Off Trade Premises:No

Trading Name(s) (Current):

Bancrofts CDRU Central Debt Recovery Unit Five Ways Debt Recovery Services Maitland Collections MCS Payment Services Bureau PSB

Issued Date: 26-Oct-2006

Date Maintenance Payment Due: 25-Oct-2016

Legal Formation:

Body Corporate (incorporated inside UK)

Current Individuals that run the organisation:

NamePosition Gary David Jones Gavin Paul Hewitt Hollie Wood Mark John Thundercliffe

Historic Individuals that run the organisation:

NamePosition David Harry MeadOFFICER George William Bayer Julie Williams Malcolm James BrookesOFFICER Mr Phillip LeylandOFFICER Pauline Louise McQuillanOFFICER Robert Hugh MusgroveOFFICER Sarah Maher

Nature of Business:

Banking services Debt Collection

Current Address(es):

Address TypeAddress CorrespondenceCoventry Dsc, PO Box 5338, Harry Weston Road, Coventry, CV3 9FR, United Kingdom Principal Place Of Busines[problem]den House East, Parade, Birmingham, B1 3QA, United Kingdom Registered Office56, St. James Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 1JL, United Kingdom

Historic Address(es):

Address TypeAddress Correspondence56, St. James Road, Edgbaston, BIRMINGHAM, B15 1JL, United Kingdom Correspondence8, Canada Square, London, E14 5HQ Correspondence8-16, Canada Square, LONDON, E14 5HQ, United Kingdom Principal Place Of Business56, St James Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 1JL Principal Place Of Business56, St. James Road, Edgbaston, BIRMINGHAM, B15 1JL, United Kingdom Principal Place Of Business8-16, Canada Square, LONDON, E14 5HQ, United Kingdom Registered Office56, St James Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 1JL Registered Office56, St. James Road , Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 1JL Registered Office56, StJames Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 1JL

Funny I have just had a letter from a Gary Jones from HSBC Bank plc

Dear Mr Blobbypet

Reference HSBC BANK plc Account number xxxxxx xxxxxxxx

We informed you by way of letter sent to you in January 2009 that the above account had been sold by HSBC BANK to Hillesden DLC on 13 January 2009.

Following receipt of your complaint to the sale of ppi and alow us to investigate the same,We write to inform you that the above account has been repurchased by HSBC Bank plc on 25th january 2013 and that HSBC are now the effective owners of this account.Yje amount outstanding as at date of repurchase is £8700.00.

Your account will be managed by Central Debt Recovery Unit on behalf of HSBC Bank plc.

All contact regarding this account should now be directed to:

CEntral Debt Recovery Unit

PO Box 4-93

Worthing

West Sussex

BN11 2RD

Telephone: 0845 609 0548

Our Payment Protection Insurance complaints team will contact you in due course in relation to your complaint

Yours sincerely

Gary Jones

HSBC BANK plc

Edited by Blobbypet
missed a bit

Sorry I saw that name and mcs and that's whom I was paying back in 2008 until they sold it to hillesden Dlc

Seems weird that HSBC repurchased the debt

Edited by citizenB

blobby, it has probably been repurchased because of the dispute on the account. If HSBC uphold your PPI mis sell then they will offset any refund against the outstanding balance. Whereas if the account was still with a 3rd party they could not. :) The whole refund would have come to you.

It seems a lot of 3rd party debt purchasers are getting a bit ticked off that they are buying what they believe to be "dead cert" earners when in fact they are not and they are investing a lot more money in trying to collect on disputed debts.

Not that I feel sorry for them at all. They should have made sure the debts were free from dispute before purchasing.. but they were relying on statements from the sellers (original creditors) that the accounts were indeed free from dispute. Now they are discovering that the OCs are not being totally honest !

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy -

HERE

2: Take back control of your finances -

Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated -

Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D