Barclays Partner Finance changing DD dates

just_jue
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4112 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have an account with Barclays and they keep changing the dates they take their payment.

This month they didn't take the payment until the 3rd instead of the 29th.

I mucked up and thought they had taken their payment and paid another bill which meant there wasn't enough money so the payment has been returned.

I have just sent an formal complaint about the dates and wanted some clarification regarding the DD guarantee,

if they take on another date than is on the agreement do they have to tell me.

I have just looked at the payments I have made and they have never taken the payment on the day they should, it has either been 1 day early or late.

Any comments would be helpful

Thanks

JJ

Hi JJ,

If a DD mandate is in place, it should specify the date on which pay'ts are to be taken. Pay'ts may be taken slightly before, so the payee gets the pay't on the due date.

Is it Barclays themselves who take the payments or is this to another body.

By what number of days have the DD pay'ts been taken either side of the due dates.

The Payment Services Reg'ns govern the banks and/or the payees responsibilities. See here for more info - https://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.fsa.gov.uk/consumerinformation/product_news/banking/banking_conduct_regulation&sa=U&ei=C2TrUIv_B8TL0QXMlIHIAg&ved=0CBMQFjAF&client=internal-uds-cse&usg=AFQjCNGIVjN-geUdyYZ0f9KDI3JMiITpyg

If the bank has treated you unfairly, you should have grounds to complain using BCOBs - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/announcement.php?f=260&a=220

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

hope they or anyone else are not charging you fees as a result of this?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

then you need to be looking at barclays to pay that

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Had a letter today saying that they tried taking the payment on the 29th (which they didn't, it was the 3rd) and there would be a charge of £20.

Still no reply to my email.

I think a snooty letter will be going to them.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a reply to my complaint, which contradicts itself.

They are saying that the payments are taken on the 29th of each month and even sent a statement showing, but our bank statements show that it has never been taken on the 29th, but in the next paragraph they say that when they tried to take the money on the 3rd it wasn't available.

They have agreed to change the direct debit date free of charge (nice of them) and waive the £20 charge as a gesture of good will.

I am tempted to send them copies of our bank statement showing when the payments have left our account, but will it do any good?

Thanks

JJ

Whether you taker this any further is up to you.

If they've refunded the default fee and you're happy with the outcome, then waste no more time on it.

If you're still not happy that they take the DD on different dates, seek clarification and assurance from them.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Thanks Slick,

I am happy with the result, but I might write back showing my bank statements and asking it be put in writing that there wont be any late charges etc because I will be paying it on the 3rd and not the 19th of each month.

JJ