style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2475 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Basically, I've been overpaid £2000 by large employer, and they want it back, where do I stand. They made the error, I only work 20 hours a week and would struggle to pay it. Goes back over 2/3 years.

hi, we're going to need more information about how the overpayment happened please?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

The first step is to check whether there actually was an overpayment - don't just take their word for it, check the amounts.

Generally, overpayments must be repaid to the employer - even if it was their fault and even if it happened a number of years ago. However, there is a defence called "change of position". If you received the money in good faith, and have changed your position in reliance on that so that it would be unjust to require repayment (i.e. you spent the money and are not in a position to repay it), then you have a defence.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS