style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2476 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi just wanted to find out how this works. I handed in my notice on 19/12/2012 and my last day is 18/01/2013. My normal entitlement to annual leave is statutory minimum of 28 days (including all bank holidays). I think proportionally therefore I should have 1 day worth of annual leave to use for the calendar year 2013 but I have been told that I will be paid for this unused leave instead. Therefore am I being paid for the 13 working days I am doing this year (2 Jan to 18 Jan) or am I being paid for 14? As surely normally speaking I should be paid for 13 days even though I am taking one off for annual leave?

Did you have New Year's Day off as annual leave?

Check your contract or handbook babywellbefine as you might find that it states that you do not accrue annual leave for part completed months, this is quite common. If not, the day that you accrue for January 2013 would have been used on 1st January as New Years day so if they've offered to pay you, it would only be in hours so you would not likely have accrued enough for another day on top of the bank holiday you've already had. Hope that makes sense.